Construction started 2/3/20

Just curious - why does the footer look like it's so far below the sand it's supposed to hold in? Is the sand being lowered, or is something else going on top of the footer to keep the sand in? Or is this just an optical illusion? :)
Good Morning! They are going to add block and concrete too build up the wall. We raised the pool deck so it would be even with our existing covered porch so we could add pavers up to the house. Hope that make sense

Lots done!!! One thing...............I don't see unions on the pump. That REALLY needs to happen so it can be serviced or replaces as needed.

Kim:kim:
Kim's absolutely right on the lack of pump unions. Good for day 1, but not day 2. He's doing you no favors there.

And, with just as little foresight, the $20 valves he has installed (the white ones) will cost you twice. You will need to replace them after a few years of sun exposure. The handles will likely crack as or the internals will seize. He should have installed Jandy Neverlube or equivalent. Not malpractice, but cheap and shortsighted.

But nothing that can't be redone later on your dime, unless he'll do it now on his dime.

Kim's absolutely right on the lack of pump unions. Good for day 1, but not day 2. He's doing you no favors there.

And, with just as little foresight, the $20 valves he has installed (the white ones) will cost you twice. You will need to replace them after a few years of sun exposure. The handles will likely crack as or the internals will seize. He should have installed Jandy Neverlube or equivalent. Not malpractice, but cheap and shortsighted.

But nothing that can't be redone later on your dime, unless he'll do it now on his dime.
Thanks for the tip ... I just Youtubed high temp unions ... would you recommend unions on all equipment?

Thanks for the tip ... I just Youtubed high temp unions ... would you recommend unions on all equipment?
Ideally all. Any equipment you have is going to fail someday and without unions, the replacement is messier. Just depends how much effort you want to save down the road. If you'd like to be able to easily swap out equipment yourself in the future, try for all.

Reactions: MikeFL
Waterfall is almost complete, also running 2 x 2" and 1 x 3" sleeves - will use for 1" and 2" Irrigation lines and have 1 extra sleeve. Delay on concrete as Cox is using in-house crew and they are backed up.

Attachments

• IMG_5268.JPG
    IMG_5268.JPG
    556.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5269.JPG
    IMG_5269.JPG
    737.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5272.JPG
    IMG_5272.JPG
    677.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5270.JPG
    IMG_5270.JPG
    608.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5271.JPG
    IMG_5271.JPG
    547.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5273.JPG
    IMG_5273.JPG
    470.3 KB · Views: 87
I see that jug of muriatic acid sitting on your coping--- be very careful about that. That stuff is super caustic and WILL stain. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey everyone ... I'm looking for opinions on best place to mount our TV. This 2 minute video (ignore the watermark) gives a good visual of the TV mounted in 2 locations:
  1. Northwest corner of covered patio which is a compromise to the seating area which will have couches/chairs facing north and west
  2. West side which will allow us to rotate TV and watch from the pool and be a straight shot for those facing west and an angle for those facing north
Keep in mind the existing screen enclosure is coming down as we are screening in full pool deck.

So ... what would you do?

Last edited:
Personally, I would probably choose to mount it where I could rotate it to watch tv in the pool. I feel like that gives more flexibility, and I would probably regret not doing it if I were sitting in the pool wishing I could watch a show, and likewise, hubby would be sad he couldn't watch a football game there. LOL
And, I wouldn't have to be torn on going in the pool OR watching a movie, or show, or game.. :D

Personally, I would probably choose to mount it where I could rotate it to watch tv in the pool. I feel like that gives more flexibility, and I would probably regret not doing it if I were sitting in the pool wishing I could watch a show, and likewise, hubby would be sad he couldn't watch a football game there. LOL
And, I wouldn't have to be torn on going in the pool OR watching a movie, or show, or game.. :D
I was leaning that way as well, thanks!

Reactions: MeowMeow724
Blocks filled with concrete last week, paver crew on site yesterday and working today. Applying 4" crushed gravel, pavers to be mortared to block with 1" overhang. String shows location of the deck drain following roof line.

Screen enclosure scheduled this coming week assuming engineering wraps up this week. Electrical work also scheduled this coming week.

Attachments

• 60652617020__E886590C-1CE5-48F0-BD74-CD2E108CB9B8.JPG
    60652617020__E886590C-1CE5-48F0-BD74-CD2E108CB9B8.JPG
    504.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5269.JPG
    IMG_5269.JPG
    737.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5337.JPG
    IMG_5337.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5338.JPG
    IMG_5338.JPG
    401.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5339.JPG
    IMG_5339.JPG
    638.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5345.JPG
    IMG_5345.JPG
    814.4 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: jtburf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.