C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting until the experiments are over. Not judging anyone.
It's scary stuff and I don't blame anybody one bit. It was raced out to the public and there are things we might not know for 10 years.

But to me, the unknown was still better than the known. I have 3 things on the comorbality list and 94% of the people who have died were on that list. Whatever the shot could possibly do to me is better than death. Unless it kills me. But then I went by MY choice and not Covid so I still won. :ROFLMAO:

It's scary stuff and I don't blame anybody one bit. It was raced out to the public and there are things we might not know for 10 years.

But to me, the unknown was still better than the known. I have 3 things on the comorbality list and 94% of the people who have died were on that list. Whatever the shot could possibly do to me is better than death. Unless it kills me. But then I went by MY choice and not Covid so I still won. :ROFLMAO:
Totally respect that. Would do the same if I were in your shoes. I look at it like I’m in the 99% curable category. I don’t take the flu shot, and have never had the flu. I could totally be pushing my luck tho. I’m not saying I won’t... just saying not yet.

Attachments

• 1618117583035.png
    1618117583035.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Newdude
Absolutely respect your decision; nothing in life is without risks and we all calculate our own. For others who may be reading, everything I’ve read suggests that these vaccines weren’t so much “released before being tested” as they were expedited. Steps weren’t skipped, but immense resources were provided to push the phases through ASAP.

Kind of like, an in-ground pool can take a few months or more to build. But... if contractors of every needed type with large, highly skilled crews were paid to sit at your house 24/7, doing their part the moment it’s possible, you could build one much faster. It would be super expensive, and wildly inefficient — but you could still do it fast and well. That’s kind of how I look at these vaccines.

While I respect your view there's also the flip side. My dad passed on some 11 months ago at the age of 91 not from covid but from the lack of the medical community being able to be on top of the patients. He was relatively healthy but being stuck in the house months on end not seen on a regular schedule by his medical professionals did him in. Fast forward to what the vaccines have done, is open up the world again to the needs of people that 10 months ago you couldn't get. If everyone would have that opinion things would look alot worse.

• Sad
Reactions: Saturn94 and Casey
I’m in HR and we’ve been totally immersed in all things COVID for over a year. Access to all kinds of information. I’ve never had a flu shot because my dad contracted Guillain–Barré syndrome after one. But COVID scares me way more than the flu ever did, so after talking to several medical professionals, I decided to get the COVID vaccine. 2nd shot is Monday!

Kind of like, an in-ground pool can take a few months or more to build. But... if contractors of every needed type with large, highly skilled crews were paid to sit at your house 24/7, doing their part the moment it’s possible, you could build one much faster
I have no doubt that every possible effort was thrown at the vaccine, But just like the quick pool build, Some things only appear over time. Deck cracks and ground settling for example. Or that pinhole leak behind the liner you’ll never notice until the wall that’s rusted on the inside blows apart. So yeah. Lol.

But again the unknowns whoop the known IMHO.

I got my 2nd shot yesterday and somehow it gave me an energy boost. I busted my butt doing yard work for 5 hours before so after a nice hourlong drive to and from, I should have been ready for a nap.

But when I got home I had tons of energy. Went back to yard work and after that took the dog on a good walk.

My arm was a tiny bit sore yesterday, and it’s tender/stiff today, but other than that I’m good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got my 2nd shot yesterday and somehow it gave me an energy boost. I busted my butt doing yard work for 5 hours before so after a nice hourlong drive to and from, I should have been ready for a nap.

But when I got home I had tons of energy. Went back to yard work and after that took the dog on a good walk.

My arm was a tiny bit sore yesterday, and it’s tender/stiff today, but other than that I’m good.
Umm... did you get your vaccine from the homeless guy at the park?

I've had my two and thankful to the Veterans Admin for getting me in. The just recently said they are now covering spouses and caregivers so got my GF in for her first one last Friday.
After months and months of watching the numbers of deaths climbing we were more than willing to get the shot. At our age (60's) we felt it's more of a risk not getting it.
The shot is almost painless but it does give you a sore arm the next day !

Reactions: Newdude
Once you get your 2nd COVID shot, 10 days later you can take your mask off... anyone who has it.. that would have been an incentive to get the shot...I am still talking to people walking around not wearing masks and not getting the shot.... cant help stupid...

My son works for one of the manufacturing companies that produce a COVID vaccine. He's not getting the shot. But he's in his 30's and in his group he has a 99% recovery rate. His choice.

There are guidelines about mask wearing in large groups even if you've had the vaccine. That makes sense. It's become a political issue. They speak out or they don't and will be blamed for not stepping up or not doing enough. I wear a mask in stores if they have a set policy about it, most still do -- And I wear it in respect for the workers. They're the ones at risk in that environment. That doesn't stop for me whether I'm vaccinated or not.

And yes I'm in that in-between time of waiting on my second shot. I assume 24 days is the normal wait? Due to low supply I was told it may be a 42 day wait and the notice is thru a computer generated email. Still by appointment only.

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog
We’re still waiting. Borders still closed, no one in or out. And now the Moderna is only for over over 55’s due to a blood clot so the roll out that was delayed we be delayed. There goes skiing next year too... :(

There goes skiing next year too... :(
Regardless of whether you have the vaccine or not, you can still travel.
A friend in Reno, NV had her kids in TX fly out and visit them last October. You can drive anywhere. Just be careful and clean up before you use the hotel room, bathrooms, plan your meals. Of course who knows what places are open to visit. Not all states are as fully open as Texas. (Come visit!)

A nephew traveled from Malaysia to the US, returning home, last May 2020 I think it was. He had to quarantine for 2 weeks after his arrival. I've read/watched a few YouTube channels where traveling is happening, they just test after or before and make sure they are okay and won't infecting anyone.

Also our neighbor, a doctor treated/cared for COVID patients spring/summer of 2020. We visited with him off and on when he was out doing yardwork and we were walking the dogs. He's since moved. . .

For a long time he thought about COVID as something like the flu. He even described it as such. Until he had a patient his age (30's) with no health conditions, nothing pre-existing, and the patient was hit hard. Yet not the guy's wife or kids. That brought it all home for Eric. The unpredictability of who it'll hit hard.

He and his girlfriend traveled up to Idaho to see family last summer 2020. And this is a doctor that worked around COVID patients. I asked him about his trip and he wasn't too concerned about it. He said they visited a small town and the virus hasn't hit hard there. He said a lot of it depends on where you live. Smaller towns and their numbers can't compare to places like NYC where the population is so dense and people live so close together.

There goes skiing next year too... :(
Did they close the ski areas in Aussie-land? Bummer! I'm in California and they were still open..but it was odd to have to wear a mask.. Later you only had to mask up when you got in the lift lines. When it was cold we were all bundled up anyway... and the stupid mask just fogged up my lenses. Since I was skiing with my family members we could all ride the same lift. There was a limit to the amount of time you could spend inside the lodges.. It was just weird

@Newdude.. don't worry, you'll get there, some day you'll be old enough to grow a beard ;)
Easy with the whipper snapper jokes or I’ll come step on your lawn. And I’ll just stand there and tap my foot repeatedly watching you short circuit with each tap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.