C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vax prevents serious illness, but it doesn’t prevent all illness. people who are vaccinated can still get COVID and transmit to others. That’s why people are advised to continue wearing masks and practice social distancing. It’s about protecting those around us.

On the plus side, flu has plummeted since all of the anti-COVID measures were put in place!

While I respect your view there's also the flip side. My dad passed on some 11 months ago at the age of 91 not from covid but from the lack of the medical community being able to be on top of the patients. He was relatively healthy but being stuck in the house months on end not seen on a regular schedule by his medical professionals did him in. Fast forward to what the vaccines have done, is open up the world again to the needs of people that 10 months ago you couldn't get. If everyone would have that opinion things would look alot worse.
So sorry about your Dad, that’s so sad.

Reactions: wireform
We can travel, cause we are in the USA. @AUSpool is in Australia, and cannot leave. Borders there are closed, except for very specific circumstances.

Yeh thats it, borders closed which means very limited flights with two weeks mandatory quarantine on arrival back in AUS. You can still come and go if you can find a flight and afford it, some have waited up to 6 months to come home.

We had to cancel a month in Steamboat in January and now will probably have to wait till the 22/23 season.

The upside is that apart from cases in the quarantine system there is no covid in Australia and our deaths due to covid has been very low. We’ve had extended lock downs, state border closures, panic buying and the great toilet paper stampede of 2020.

I had never contemplated the statistics but apparently Aussie’s spend more abroad than international travelers spend in Australia. We are allowed out and about now but there remains a possibility of state border closure and two weeks quarantine to return back from interstate. Sales of RV’s, used boats, used cars and camping equipment has gone ballistic. The building industry is booming and property prices have gone through the roof.

Attachments

• 20210406_162338.jpg
    20210406_162338.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210406_194815.jpg
    20210406_194815.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Love
Reactions: imrodee and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got my shot today... I had it done at a supermarket pharmacy. They even gave me a coupon for 10% off my next shopping spree at the Safeway.. whoo hoo. After checking in, the lady said, "You look like a troublemaker, go sit with the others on the Group W bench." hmmm. I really tried to behave myself. So far, it kind of reminds me of Jr High, I feel like someone slugged me in the arm. I was looking forward to that drunken Post-Pfizer-Buzz that others have described, but it never came.. So I induced it with my own shot of Crown Royal on the rocks. It was actually an interesting sensation when she injected it, I could feel it propagate through the muscle at the injection site. I grew up a military brat and have endured quite a collection of vaccinations to cover all the 3rd and 4th and 5th world countries we lived in. It gave me a weird heightened awareness of getting shots. The worst was Yellow Fever, that one always stung going in. So this one was not bad at all.

Tomorrow I take my 17 yr old in for his first shot. And my oldest gets his second. And my daughter got the JJ so she is good to go! That leaves one kid to go! YES!

So kewl.. that is a handsome young feller! Your Dad has moved on from the Kenny-Rogers-Phase to the Wilford-Brimley-Phase!
I miss him so much. There hasn't been a day pass that I haven't said... I miss you so much. I hate it but it's just the way it is.

I got my shot today... I had it done at a supermarket pharmacy. They even gave me a coupon for 10% off my next shopping spree at the Safeway.. whoo hoo. After checking in, the lady said, "You look like a troublemaker, go sit with the others on the Group W bench." hmmm. I really tried to behave myself. So far, it kind of reminds me of Jr High, I feel like someone slugged me in the arm. I was looking forward to that drunken Post-Pfizer-Buzz that others have described, but it never came.. So I induced it with my own shot of Crown Royal on the rocks. It was actually an interesting sensation when she injected it, I could feel it propagate through the muscle at the injection site. I grew up a military brat and have endured quite a collection of vaccinations to cover all the 3rd and 4th and 5th world countries we lived in. It gave me a weird heightened awareness of getting shots. The worst was Yellow Fever, that one always stung going in. So this one was not bad at all.

Tomorrow I take my 17 yr old in for his first shot. And my oldest gets his second. And my daughter got the JJ so she is good to go! That leaves one kid to go! YES!
Worst one I remember was typhoid. Felt miserable after that one.

Well that was a bust... I took my son to get his Vax.. but we were jilted at the altar. He was 4 months too young to get his shot. They were only serving Moderna that day and you have to be over 18 to get it. But if they were serving Pfizer its approved to those down to age 16. The booking system in California only indicates if it is a 1 dose shot or a 2 dose shot.. it doesn't say which vax its going to be. Mine was Pfizer at the same supermarket chain, just a different location. SO I'm back to spinning the 'rona appointment roulette wheel again for him.
I also did some reading on the NV system for my other son (He goes to college in Reno). They do theirs on a county by county basis, and then you have to check each pharmacy company's website for the actual appointment. What a pain.

• Sad
Reactions: magiteck
You can actually get the vaccine anywhere. As it is federally funded, no one can refuse you.
We got ours in Arizona, but live in Nevada.
Right I found that out too. He works in food service in Nevada. That is a eligibility category in California, but not so much in Washoe Co, NV.. they look like they are only going by age groups from what I can suss out.

Reactions: mguzzy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.