Broken Impeller- low water level

Ribbod

May 30, 2018
Marietta/ga
After our pump stopped working, it was determined that our impeller and screw need to be replaced.. I noticed that our water level decreased significantly after we removed the pump to get to the impeller... Is this normal? It does not look like we have lost any water since then.

Quite honestly , I don't know if the pump is lower than the pool? Not sure what you mean...
On an above ground pool, the water is almost certainly going to be higher than the pump. But an inground could have a sloped yard or the pump could be in the basement or something which will put it lower than the pool. Open the pump without closing the valves, and you start emptying the pool.

On an above ground pool, the water is almost certainly going to be higher than the pump. But an inground could have a sloped yard or the pump could be in the basement or something which will put it lower than the pool. Open the pump without closing the valves, and you start emptying the pool.

I dont remember closing any valves, so when we opened the pump, we must have emptied it some. However, it did not continue to empty once the pump was dismantled....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.