Athena_Cleo

Mar 1, 2021
Corpus Christi , Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi, Everyone! I am new to this forum. I can't find an answer to my question. Maybe you guys will be able to help me, please ?
I've ordered Ultra XTR Intex above the ground pool 18 X 52 round. I need to buy filter , pump and Saltwater system. What’s is the best compatible for Intex pool? I know there is filer , pump and SWG manufactured by Intex , but I am wondering is there is any other brands will be compatible with intex pool? I really want to get best equipment and also energy sufficient for the pool. Does it has to be made my Intex company or there is other choices available for Intex pool? Thank you in advance:)

Welcome to TFP :)

You can use any pump and filter on any pool.. are they made for intex, no... they are made for normal pools and intex is made in china and does not have normal connections... The funny part right now is intex is built and made cheap to be bought cheap but there pumps and filters are just as expensive as normal pump's and filters right now... :)

filter

Here is a 2 speed pump you can run on low 95% of the time :)

swg, these will last 5 to 7 years but you pay for the chlorine up front..

for all these you will have to run hard pipe as I did :)

Welcome to TFP :)

You can use any pump and filter on any pool.. are they made for intex, no... they are made for normal pools and intex is made in china and does not have normal connections... The funny part right now is intex is built and made cheap to be bought cheap but there pumps and filters are just as expensive as normal pump's and filters right now... :)

filter

Here is a 2 speed pump you can run on low 95% of the time :)

swg, these will last 5 to 7 years but you pay for the chlorine up front..

for all these you will have to run hard pipe as I did :)
Thank you very much for taking time writing this helpful information. I appreciate that:) So sand filter would be better than cartridge one?☺️

I love my Cart filter but they are more expensive.. A 150 to 300 sq ft would be ideal for you.. depending on how long you are open the 150 may need cleaned 2 times a year.. :)

I love my Cart filter but they are more expensive.. A 150 to 300 sq ft would be ideal for you.. depending on how long you are open the 150 may need cleaned 2 times a year.. :)

Here what I pick , I would like to get your opinion on that😊Do you think it’s a good choice for my Intex of pool? Will it all be connected without problem?

Hayward W3CC15093S XStream Full-Flo Element Filter System, 150 sq ft with 1.5 HP Matrix Pump

Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer

Hayward AquaTrol Above Ground Salt System

I am sorry for so many questions 😊I just want to be sure that I’ll pick the right equipment. Thank you!:)

Attachments

• E95C13B0-FB60-4B95-9157-812CE1C3FDF8.png
    E95C13B0-FB60-4B95-9157-812CE1C3FDF8.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 11
  • CACE4BEF-AA5B-48B5-A2EF-1037339FE6F5.png
    CACE4BEF-AA5B-48B5-A2EF-1037339FE6F5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 4C010401-D38C-463D-873E-7A4BE0420493.png
    4C010401-D38C-463D-873E-7A4BE0420493.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2AA30078-E7B1-4C43-BE02-A7B84668D9DC.png
    2AA30078-E7B1-4C43-BE02-A7B84668D9DC.png
    437.9 KB · Views: 11
Those should work just fine...

I am not sure on that pump if they will work so you may need to have the pump ordered and measure..

these worked on my pump..

these will connect to the skimmer and the 3 through wall connections below, you will need 4.. (these may also work on your pump, not sure)

use these to convert to 1.5 inch hard pipe through wall on the 3 holes for the intex returns..

then just run your hard pipe.. this will give you 2 returns and 1 skimmer and 1 suction side vacuum port.. You can have a suction side cleaner or just the normal vaccum..

I also used 3 way valves, 1 on my returns and 1 on the suction side...

Those should work just fine...

I am not sure on that pump if they will work so you may need to have the pump ordered and measure..

these worked on my pump..

these will connect to the skimmer and the 3 through wall connections below, you will need 4.. (these may also work on your pump, not sure)

use these to convert to 1.5 inch hard pipe through wall on the 3 holes for the intex returns..

then just run your hard pipe.. this will give you 2 returns and 1 skimmer and 1 suction side vacuum port.. You can have a suction side cleaner or just the normal vaccum..

I also used 3 way valves, 1 on my returns and 1 on the suction side...

That is so helpful 🙏🏻I appreciate your help 🙌🏻✨☺️

I wanted to go with a Hayward cart filter but couldn't find the 2 speed pump anywhere. Will stick with the sand until stock goes up and pricing goes down. ;) Good luck!

I wanted to go with a Hayward cart filter but couldn't find the 2 speed pump anywhere. Will stick with the sand until stock goes up and pricing goes down. ;) Good luck!
Yesterday, I ordered this one - Hayward W3CC15093S XStream Full-Flo Element Filter System, 150 sq ft with 1.5 HP Matrix Pump. Do you think isn't its too powerful for the size of my pool? 18x52 Intex round. :giggle:

Yesterday, I ordered this one - Hayward W3CC15093S XStream Full-Flo Element Filter System, 150 sq ft with 1.5 HP Matrix Pump. Do you think isn't its too powerful for the size of my pool? 18x52 Intex round. :giggle:
I'm not the best person to ask since I'm currently using Intex filters, but no...I think that will do a great job for your 18'! They always say overkill is better than not having enough.

Reactions: Athena_Cleo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.