Bad repair job

ps0303

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jul 6, 2011
FL
I had a call from a customer that said his heater wouldn't light. Went out to look at it and well, it was leaking water all over the place. The igniter was shot and rusted really bad. The burners were really bad as well. He said maybe a year ago he had a broken bypass and called a company to come out and fix it. He said they were there for a very long time and he also noted they didn't seem to know what they were doing. His words not mine. Needless to say the unit was shot so I replaced it. Well today I got around to taking the copper out of it and taking the rest to the scrap yard. Well when I opened the unit up, I could not believe what I saw. Below are the pictures.

They obviously lost two of the header nuts and thought it would be ok to use silicone caulk. Yeah not so much. Unbelievable that some untrained repair people do this to customers. Clearly they have no clue what they are doing and cost this man his heater.

Heater 1.jpg

Heater 2.jpg

Heater 3.jpg

WOW!! That is horrible!

Paul, you really need to add pictures to the TFP Gallery and we'll call the folder - "Bad Repairmen Gone Wild!" I'm sure the stuff you've seen is epic....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.