AquaLink RS, Pool Service Can't Figure it Out

Reactions: paddy0furniture

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The antenna is all you need. Either 2.0 or 3.0, is all you need if your current board is rev S or higher. I believe your one picture showed t he rev level at T which would work.

Former pool guy said the Aqua Pure is broken, but it may not be because I don't think he knew my system very well. Current salinity is at 4.9 gpl, and current chlorine production is set to 0%.

Is there anything I can do using the control to see if it's working as intended? I don't have any water testing kits, or chemicals, so I can't test the water.

I believe it's a Aqua Pure 1400, but the sticker with this info seems to be missing.

Attachments

• IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 2
Looks like the salinity is too high.

Check the salinity with a K-1766 and a salt test meter to verify the actual salinity and lower the salinity below 3.9 to get the system to clear the high salt warning light.

The system will not work until the salinity reading is below 4.0 gpl.

Last edited:
You can recalibrate the salinity if your test indicates that the actual salinity is different from the reading from the box.

Salinity Recalibration procedure​

• Press the “Salinity” button and hold it until it beeps 3 times. The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds.
  • Release the button after the 3rd beep. Press and release the “Temperature “ button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.
  • The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.
  • When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.

You can run a test to check the sensors.

Test procedure:

• Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board. Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp.
  • While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.
  • While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75° F or 24° C.
  • Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .

71vl5Kv3UOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hayward GLX-SALTMETER Digital Handheld Salt Meter.

1749.png

image1__79402.1558433747.jpg

asset-get.product.image.jsa

http://www.myronl.com/products/poolmeter.htm

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.