Why is water cloudy if chemicals are almost perfect ?

What were your before and after numbers. If you went from 4 down to 3 it's a loss of 1% but I believe that's a far different result than going from 16 to 15. In any case the three conditions to end the SLAM include clear water so if you're cloudy you need to keep it up to SLAM level. It could just be dead algae that needs to get filtered out.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Does the pool get a lot of use? The only time I notice any slight cloudiness but still have good numbers is after having people over to swim for a couple hours. It goes away hours later after adding more bleach and running the pump, though. How “cloudy“ are we talking?

There are 3 criteria that need to be passed to consider a SLAM complete. 0.5 or less CC, OCLT pass, and clear water.

Is this cloudy water a new development? Because if your water was still cloudy when you declared your SLAM finished, then you were premature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Indicating the slam was only for 1 day seems too short for a completed slam. I know when I had to do one, once the first oclt passed, the next day it didn't. It was about 3 more days after it passed oclt two days in a row.

It's not instructed to do two oclts but some have had to and found it needed a bit longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.