What's your current pool temp?

Ranging between 84-88 this holiday weekend. Cooler than normal Aug with lots of rain during the weekdays,but it always seems to clear and get sunny for the weekends here! Not using the cover yet and solar kicks in when it needs to (automated). Been perfect temperature all summer so far and expect to be using the cover in about 3-4 more weeks in order to keep it warm into November like last year. Giving the pool a break and hitting the beach today. Happy Labor Day everyone!

Ours was 79 yesterday. With the high of barely 60 today, and nothing above 70 for the next few days, I am planning on emptying this coming week. ): managed to get a swim in yesterday, all by myself! First year it's ever been algae free this time of year, thanks to this website!!!!!!

It's been fairly cloudy with some rain here in the Phoenix area so my water temp went down to 80 in the last few days. I put the cover on and started the solar heaters so I should have it back up to 84 in a few hours.
With a little luck, swim season won't be over for me until mid-November sometime.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like this may only last another week or so at best, but my water was 84 yesterday. (solar cover only)

I will run my heater tonight and tomorrow to try and get in a few hours. Might be my last good day of the year.

73, was up to 82 after being recently filled. Takes a couple of minutes to get acclimated but then it's good. We'll stay open as long as somebody is willing to get in, or until possible freezing temps. I'm interested in seeing which comes first :-D . I've got one teenager who's wanting the pool to stay open all winter so he can swim, I don't think he'll make it :-D

Speedo said:
Looks like this may only last another week or so at best, but my water was 84 yesterday. (solar cover only)

I will run my heater tonight and tomorrow to try and get in a few hours. Might be my last good day of the year.

LOL - 84 was about my high for the summer. I'm swimming in low 70's...

UnderWaterVanya said:
Speedo said:

LOL - 84 was about my high for the summer. I'm swimming in low 70's...

The highest we saw this summer was about 79-80. Currently in low 70's. Will be swimming a few more weeks. :cool:

Wow, only 80 in near Houston! Do you refrigerate your water? I'm in Austin with 75% shade and was at 84 all summer. Just hit 79 today. I'm hoping for another month. No heaters or covers.

Stevereno said:
The highest we saw this summer was about 79-80. Currently in low 70's. Will be swimming a few more weeks. :cool:

I can't imagine swimming in low 70s, but I will give it a shot sometime before closing. I'll bet mine is around 78-82 right now. It's covered but the heater is off. I was in on Wednesday afternoon and I had it heated to around 86 and the sun took it to 88, it was mid 80s outside but 20mph+ gusts of wind made it a bit less fun.

My water temp was 82 this past weekend with the air temp of about 88. I went swimming for a short time Sunday afternoon with no problems. We are planning one last pool party/cookout for next Sunday, and then I will start thinking about closing the pool for the winter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.