What's your current pool temp?

Now at 68 F. It hit a low of of 38 when the great Valentine freeze hit the Houston area last month. It sure is nice to anticipate the swim season soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm sure different brands very, but worth a try...

I need to go add salt to mine..
I bumped my salt up from 2800 last year to 4000. Last season I kept it low and had a couple of times when it stopped due to low salt. I had a small car and hauling more than a couple of bags was a challenge. Now I have a used Murano and got 8 bags in one trip :)

Hard to get a good temp reading with the winter cover still on. Air temp was 80 today. Infra-red thermometer read 70 on the water surface. The sun was beating on the brown winter cover with no breeze (and no cover/water contact either). Mix it up by hand for a few seconds at that area read 50. I’m suspect it’s in the low to mid 40’s overall.

It is outdoors. I'm in central Florida, have a heat pump, and a solar cover for the colder months. Pool is kept at 88. We use it year round and love it! Wifey won't go in if it dips to 86 :)
If that is outdoors, what is that structure over the pool in your pic? You folks in Fla have a strange notion of outdoors. Outdoors with a screen enclosure is not outdoors to me... ;)

Reactions: A.O.
Went to open pool #1 for the season only to find most of the mesh winter cover with water and across the deep end a block of borderline ice slush. Well that pushed it off till Sunday. I did get the cover pump on to diminish the 3 inches I want to get rid of so this way the slush on the deep side will melt away rather quickly.

Went to open pool #1 for the season only to find most of the mesh winter cover with water and across the deep end a block of borderline ice slush. Well that pushed it off till Sunday. I did get the cover pump on to diminish the 3 inches I want to get rid of so this way the slush on the deep side will melt away rather quickly.
Could be in Denver, they are expecting 2 to 3 ft of snow this weekend :)

Pool is at 74. Once the temp reaches around 81 and the weather is a little warmer the cover will come out to get that up to about 85. Thats about the lower limit for us to swim.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.