What's your current pool temp?

+1. No need to pop the cover if it will be a PITA to mix the bleach around. Unless you need an excuse. I feel that if you do and in that case, you need some FC in the pronto. *wink wink*. 😁

If you have any doubts about what is going on in your pool, monitor your FC. Don't guess, test 😉
Without opening the pool and running the pump there's no real way to know true FC content. I'm in the lower Hudson Valley and it's too early for pool opening so I can't imagine in Pa it's any different. You're still one to two weeks away.

Reactions: Newdude and mguzzy
I just add cause I’m paranoid. I have been since my first winter and don’t find it a hassle to do. Throw my pump in deep end. Throw in a bottle of chlorine and left the pump run underwater for 2 hours while I did other yard work.

Without opening the pool and running the pump there's no real way to know true FC content. I'm in the lower Hudson Valley and it's too early for pool opening so I can't imagine in Pa it's any different. You're still one to two weeks away.
I’ll prob open by end of March like I usually do. But again just me. I figure the less time with the plaster not having balanced water on it the better. I close late and open early.

You can also use the robot to move the water around. Did it few years back when one pool closed borderline early and was worried to much sun and temps still up a bit. Threw the robot in with the liquid chlorine, water never turned.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Currently 57. We have had 2 weeks of warmer temps here in NC since the cold rain stopped. It had gotten up to the mid 60s as of yesterday afternoon. This morning it was 36 and raining when the kids went to school. Heavy steam (evaporation) was coming off the pool this morning pretty good I guess because of the warm water and cold temps/rain.

We had clouds and rain yesterday and last night, so pool hovered around 80 today. Gorgeous weather today though, sunny, breezy, high in the 70s!

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.