What's your current pool temp?

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
Just finished filling my new pool for the first time at 7:00am.... At 10:00am the water was 65 degrees. PB wants us to wait a few weeks for Stonescapes to cure before crank up the heat.

Mesamav

Jul 16, 2011
Mesa Arizona
Gotta love a home made solar heater and living in Arizona. With the help of the solar blanket, a hand made solar heater and of course the abundant sunshine we have here, my pool is an inviting 82 degrees today.
I'm pretty happy.... Now what did I do with the pool towels?

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
Buckeye, AZ 85326
We were at 82* around 2pm today. Myself and my 4 year old son got in and goofed around for about a 1/2hr. This was after a bunch of yard work in preperation for the arrival of the easter bunny. Very refreshing.
All my friends with pools without solar covers are hovering around the 72* range.

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
Shane1 said:
We were at 82* around 2pm today. Myself and my 4 year old son got in and goofed around for about a 1/2hr. This was after a bunch of yard work in preperation for the arrival of the easter bunny. Very refreshing.
All my friends with pools without solar covers are hovering around the 72* range.
Same here... we put the cover on at 3:00pm Friday, and took it off Saturday around 10:00am. The pool was round 80 degrees. At 5:00pm we had some family over for an early Easter BBQ and we couldn't keep our 6 year old nephew from wanting to stand on the baja step. By 5:30pm, we were taking our first swim in our new pool with a nice water temp of 76 degrees. SWIM SEASON IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN!!

Prof100

Jul 14, 2012
Blountsville, AL
Yesterday afternoon it was 62. Last week it was 48. The next 3-4 days are supposed to be the last chance of frost for the season and then high 70's for a while. Maybe winter is finally gone! Looking forward to our first full season with our new pool. :cool:

Speedo

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2011
42 -- I'm debating about opening soon. In 2 weeks it's predicted to be in the 70s. I'm wondering if we get a bit of sunshine prior to those days and I run the heater just a little bit while keeping the solar cover on if I have any chance. More rain than sunshine won't help at all, either way it will be nice to see sparkling water again!

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
Farmgirl, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your pup will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. I have few waiting for me too. Our furples (fur people) are more family members than pets. They give us a lot of love and joy. Feel better soon.

msgtdan

Jul 8, 2011
SW MO
Sunday it was 54 about 12" down. Back in early March the water thawed for a few days and refroze, between the freezes the water temp 12" below the surface was in the mid 50's. I suspect the water temp near the bottom is higher being in contact with the ground as I have a little algae forming there. I first noticed it between the freezes.

msgtdan

Jul 8, 2011
SW MO
Opened Saturday at 55*, both daughters and a niece tried to get in. Oldest daughter (6) got the farthest, waist deep, but they had fun trying :)

linen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
msgtdan said:
Opened Saturday at 55*, both daughters and a niece tried to get in. Oldest daughter (6) got the farthest, waist deep, but they had fun trying :)
My kids usually try to swim in the spring at around that temp...doesn't take long before they are in the hot tub.