What's your current pool temp?

customscreen10.jpg

Gotta love a home made solar heater and living in Arizona. With the help of the solar blanket, a hand made solar heater and of course the abundant sunshine we have here, my pool is an inviting 82 degrees today.
I'm pretty happy.... Now what did I do with the pool towels?

We were at 82* around 2pm today. Myself and my 4 year old son got in and goofed around for about a 1/2hr. This was after a bunch of yard work in preperation for the arrival of the easter bunny. Very refreshing.
All my friends with pools without solar covers are hovering around the 72* range.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Shane1 said:
We were at 82* around 2pm today. Myself and my 4 year old son got in and goofed around for about a 1/2hr. This was after a bunch of yard work in preperation for the arrival of the easter bunny. Very refreshing.
All my friends with pools without solar covers are hovering around the 72* range.

Same here... we put the cover on at 3:00pm Friday, and took it off Saturday around 10:00am. The pool was round 80 degrees. At 5:00pm we had some family over for an early Easter BBQ and we couldn't keep our 6 year old nephew from wanting to stand on the baja step. By 5:30pm, we were taking our first swim in our new pool with a nice water temp of 76 degrees. SWIM SEASON IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN!!

42 -- I'm debating about opening soon. In 2 weeks it's predicted to be in the 70s. I'm wondering if we get a bit of sunshine prior to those days and I run the heater just a little bit while keeping the solar cover on if I have any chance. More rain than sunshine won't help at all, either way it will be nice to see sparkling water again!

Farmgirl, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your pup will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. I have few waiting for me too. Our furples (fur people) are more family members than pets. They give us a lot of love and joy. Feel better soon.

Sunday it was 54 about 12" down. Back in early March the water thawed for a few days and refroze, between the freezes the water temp 12" below the surface was in the mid 50's. I suspect the water temp near the bottom is higher being in contact with the ground as I have a little algae forming there. I first noticed it between the freezes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.