Uneven rebar bench

Oct 20, 2016
AZ
Getting ready for shotcrete next week. We have a long bench at the far end of the pool. The rebar for the bench is visibly sloped upwards towards the right. Should I be worried or will they fix it and even it out with shotcrete?
22fec951c8f1fa5280752607e679cfb9.jpg

Another thing, make sure that the shotcrete guys limit their blowouts while they work. So the top of beam is 12”in and flat so if your coping is pavers, travertine, or stone then setting the coping will be better.

Getting ready for shotcrete next week. We have a long bench at the far end of the pool. The rebar for the bench is visibly sloped upwards towards the right. Should I be worried or will they fix it and even it out with shotcrete?
22fec951c8f1fa5280752607e679cfb9.jpg

I would be more worried about all the sharp and sizeable stone they have backfilled your PVC with. I just had an expensive repair from my builder backfillng with large stone on my return line.
The proper way is a foot of compacted sand for bedding and a foot of sand on top to protect it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SO guess what time it is!!! Time for your own set of links! This is a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of into so this will give you some time to read it and learn. It will start to sink in when you start using it.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

TFP also offers a Pool Math App! Here is the link: Pool Math It is so neat and easy to use!

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

This is also where I ask you what test kit your PB is giving you. Let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.