Cmurra6745

Apr 13, 2021
Mass
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
got a FC of 2 CC of 0.. alk is 110 and ph is 7.8 ish .. getting clear but needed to use clarity additive .. was it because of a high ph due to slam you think?

What test kit are you using? Here's two great options:

An FC of 2 is likely below minimum. You likely have less than clear water because you have algae. You'll need to SLAM once you have a proper test kit, if not already. Do not add clarifiers, floc, etc. They will only serve to cause more issues, and drain your wallet. You need chlorine, that's it.

It's imperative to avoid algae that proper sanitation is always present (Free Chlorine). See this article for more explanation and proper levels.

Reactions: KJB1 and cznkane
waters already clear . i thought free chlorine once clear should be 1-3 ?

Attachments

• 70783562687__19EBCD28-CAB4-4179-B29C-0CB1F4E6F4D7.jpeg
    70783562687__19EBCD28-CAB4-4179-B29C-0CB1F4E6F4D7.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 21
What test kit are you using? Here's two great options:

An FC of 2 is likely below minimum. You likely have less than clear water because you have algae. You'll need to SLAM once you have a proper test kit, if not already. Do not add clarifiers, floc, etc. They will only serve to cause more issues, and drain your wallet. You need chlorine, that's it.

It's imperative to avoid algae that proper sanitation is always present (Free Chlorine). See this article for more explanation and proper levels.
i use the taylor test kit the big one forget the name . tests for cya , alk, fc and cc, ph and chlorine with blue kit for daily testing ect

How old are your TF-100 reagents?

Post a full set of current test results to PoolMath.
Use the FAS-DPD lortion of the test kit to test forFC and CC
Seems the last results you added there are 2 years old.

Update your signature to include your TF-100 test kit.

What CYA level are you shooting for?
Once the CYA is in the water - dissolved or not - dose the FC for that CYA level using the FC/CYA Levels and liquid chlorine.

Do NOT use clarifier, "clarity additive" or floc.

The interaction of chlorine with the pool water or any bad stuff in the pool water does not raise the pH. The chlorine reaction is pH neutral. Your pH will naturally rise, especially with a high TA. Over ti e, let your TA settle around 60-80 and that will slow (not eliminate) the pH rise.

Reactions: Cmurra6745

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How old are your TF-100 reagents?

Post a full set of current test results to PoolMath.
Use the FAS-DPD lortion of the test kit to test forFC and CC
Seems the last results you added there are 2 years old.

Update your signature to include your TF-100 test kit.

What CYA level are you shooting for?
Once the CYA is in the water - dissolved or not - dose the FC for that CYA level using the FC/CYA Levels and liquid chlorine.

Do NOT use clarifier, "clarity additive" or floc.

The interaction of chlorine with the pool water or any bad stuff in the pool water does not raise the pH. The chlorine reaction is pH neutral. Your pH will naturally rise, especially with a high TA. Over ti e, let your TA settle around 60-80 and that will slow (not eliminate) the pH rise.
bought late last summer .. like i said my last

FC was 2
CC 0
Alk 110
ph 7.8
cya 20

i will
plug into pool math

shocking with slam process raises PH from chlorine i thought?
High FC makes the pH test invalid when FC >10.
and high ph causes cloudy water
No, dead algae and other things cause cloudy water, high pH does not.

Love you pool, but that water is not clear per SLAM definition. You should continue slam... What IS clear? This..Link-->How Clear is TFP Clear?

You got this, we got you!

High FC makes the pH test invalid when FC >10.

No, dead algae and other things cause cloudy water, high pH does not.

Love you pool, but that water is not clear per SLAM definition. You should continue slam... What IS clear? This..Link-->How Clear is TFP Clear?

You got this, we got you!
thank you!

and yea i just went out and test everything again my FC is down to 1.5 so per my cya (20) i'm bringing it up to 10.. i know slam is 10 for fc with cya at 20 im using cal hypo granular shock because that's all i have for now and will be using liquid moving forward

Great! If you want this to go faster and use less chlorine...
1) Up your CYA by 10ppm. Add chlorine stabilizer (CYA) using the sock method to get up to 30CYA...your FC target becomes 12.
2) The more often you can test and replace FC, the faster it will go...if you can swing every 2-3 hours, will really help.

You got this!

Reactions: Cmurra6745
so my liner bottoms bleached so it's looks milky but it's clear !! just gonna have to trust me hahah

pic of the side of liner for comparison

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpeg
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    491.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 33

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.