Sump pump recommendation?

TexEd

May 23, 2019
Texas
Hi everyone, I am new to the site and to very green to owning a pool ? . I need to drain my pool to just below the pool light niche to add a bracket for the light. Could anyone reccomend a sump pump from Home Depot or Lowe’s I should purchase?
Also, after I fill the pool back up is there anything I should do....haha. I currently have a weekly pool guy...so not quite sure on chemicals and stuff, yet.... thanks in advance!!?

I have a 1/2 hp sump pump, Superior brand, off Amazon. Get at least a 1/3 or 1/2 hp model.
Harbor Freight also has reasonably priced sump pumps.

Do you have your own test kit? You need one to manage your pool water chemistry. Regardless if you have a pool person.
Test Kits Compared

Reactions: TexEd
For draining the pool to that level I would suggest a small gas pump. You can get them like the below for under $200 or rent one. They sit above the water on the deck and are much faster than the small 3/4 hp electric ones. I have one of the small ones for my pool and it takes 2-3 hours to reduce the pool by about an inch or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.