Starting Pool Build - Equipment Question

Hey everyone! We are about to start our pool and have been doing lots of research on many different things. I am sure this will be one of many posts, but I am curious on equipment. This is what the pool builder told me....Says they use all Hayward equipment. The pool will be 32x21, 3'6" - 5' - 3'6" with a raised hot tub. Recommendations on specific equipment I should ask for? The first question I asked was about changing the pump to a VS pump and I was told we could do the Hayward Ecostar, but the reviews on that are terrible. Does Hayward have another VS similar to this that could work on my size pool?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hayward OmniLogic controls customer to provide cat five cable to equipment from modem
2 hp filter pump
1 1/2 hp water feature pump
Spa air blower
Booster pump
Polaris 280 cleaner
200k BTU heater gas line to equipment by others
Sand filter or cartridge filter
Two fire features
Two pool and one spa led lights
10 tab chlorine dispenser
auto fill

Reactions: Natnem
I would also suggest you reconsider having a pressure side cleaner. They are very expensive to run. Take a look at Robots. You do not need to run the pump to clean your pool. We suggest you do not purchase it through your pool builder.
See Pool Cleaners

I would also suggest you reconsider having a pressure side cleaner. They are very expensive to run. Take a look at Robots. You do not need to run the pump to clean your pool. We suggest you do not purchase it through your pool builder.
See Pool Cleaners
How much of an additional cost do you think it is? I’ve had a robot previously and thought it was a pain taking it in and out.

Also, can a pressure cleaner work with a variable speed pump?

How much of an additional cost do you think it is? I’ve had a robot previously and thought it was a pain taking it in and out.

I think you will find a Dolphin S200 robot cleaner bought from Marina Pools will cost less then a booster pump and Polaris 280.

Also, can a pressure cleaner work with a variable speed pump?

Yes, your Booster pump supplies the water pressure needed for the cleaner. If you want a pressure cleaner look at the Polaris Quattro Pro cleaner. Much better then the 280.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.