So this happened

Maybe that anchor is correct and all of the rest are off?
There is another one that's off, but only by a hair. I can chalk that one up to the cover shifted a little while installing the rest of them. Both where it is and where it should be are in the same seam, so there was no benefit to shifting it over.

I think that's what bothers me most by the skimmer. I would have been totally fine with that one strap being longer to hit the next available seam. Instead they yanked it to the side so not only did it look unappealing, but it puts a undue amount of stress on that part of the cover. If it was going to look off anyway, why on the good green earth wouldn't they have done it in a way that didn't hurt ?

Reactions: JamesW
Just rotate the pool to fix it
As a contingency plan, I already figured out how to swap pavers so the hole lines up where it should be. Then I'd just have to punch a hole through the concrete slab underneath. It will likely be less headache than allowing them to foul up more things.

I get about 28 degrees off.

We prefer radians please
I went British/Aussie with stones. :ROFLMAO: It is one (skinny) stone off. As seen in this pic, they are 1, 2 or 3 skinny stones wide

Screenshot_20221123-071712_Gallery.jpg

i can swap some pavers to the left of the strap and slide everything over by 1 skinny stone. Effectively putting the hole in the middle of the current stone's position. And dead in line with the next seam which would have been NICE if they used instead.

20221122_111441.jpg

The installation company had no idea that we would break out the protractor and measure the angle of every strap to make sure that each one was exactly 90 degrees with a tolerance of only +/- 0.5 degrees.

Here are our quality control standards.

1) All straps inline with the strap +/- 0.5 degrees.

2) All overlap equal on all sides +/- 1 mm.

3) All Straight lines parallel to the pool straight line edge +/- 0.5 degrees.

4) All anchors on a straight line +/- 1 mm.

5) All straps length at 1/2 length +/- 10%

6) All springs at 1/2 compression.

7) All springs centered in the vinyl sleeve.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They DO. :( So far both get scared 1 ft in when it gets springy and they turn around. But I don't even want them walking on the edge.

Reactions: Orion7319
Is that one of those covers where they can stand a baby elephant in the middle?
It's *the* elephant cover. The rest are imposters. But the elephant has nice flat feet with no claws. A terrified dog that digs in for better traction will be an issue.

Is that one of those covers where they can stand a baby elephant in the middle?
His looks like mine and I can walk across it.. and I weigh something like 40 lbs less then a baby elephant (265)

It's *the* elephant cover. The rest are imposters. But the elephant has nice flat feet with no claws. A terrified dog that digs in for better traction will be an issue.
Yeah but they are so much fun to watch playing on the cover. My dog had an absolute happy fit when I put my cover on a few weeks ago.

You should demand that they prove their claim and bring out the baby elephant. It should be part of every new install. If the installer doesn’t pass the “Dumbo Test” then you get your money back … and they let you keep the elephant that just dropped into your pool …

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.