So this happened

Yes both the thick rectangular chicken wire-y one and rebar. Tied into the grid at my request. The patio guy said that he found it odd that it wasn't a requirement here but he also thought it was a good idea.
I would have done a layer of 3” x 3” #8 copper bonding mesh, a layer of rebar, a layer of steel mesh and a top layer of 3” x 3” #8 silver bonding mesh with each layer connected to the bonding wire in 100 places using exothermic welding, but that’s just me, I’m sure that your bonding will be fine.

I would have done a layer of 3” x 3” #8 copper bonding mesh, a layer of rebar, a layer of steel mesh and a top layer of 3” x 3” #8 silver bonding mesh with each layer connected to the bonding wire in 100 places using exothermic welding, but that’s just me, I’m sure that your bonding will be fine.
They did it that way, but the stairs were in the way, so I had them rip it out. 🤦‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
Oh yeah!! What I love about this is not only will
It be functional but it reduces yard work lol

No joke I was thinking over the weekend how I had 57 less feet to maintain behind the house. Then I did mental maths to keep myself amused while on the Lawnmower of what it would have cost to go to arbitrary distances at 65 / 75 / etc feet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did they do expansion joints?
Nope. Just a continuous pour around the pool and today's one piece slab to the house. Both the cement guy and the patio guy who did this at their own houses swear it will never budge. It wouldn't be the first time I've been lied to this build, but the patio guy lives 3 houses over and I'm trusting he doesn't want to look at me everyday if he doesn't deliver.

That's 2023 Dude's problem. 2022 Dude better get used to eating Struggle O's.

View attachment 444691
I’m sure Mrs. Dude will say otherwise
#budgetbustin 🤣
Season 4 Nbc GIF by Good Girls

It may just be the photos, but that slab looks like it all slopes towards the pool from the house. I know you mentioned (maybe even in a different thread) you meticulously planned out for drainage so I'm curious what your plans are?

Reactions: Newdude
It may just be the photos, but that slab looks like it all slopes towards the pool from the house
The camera angle is playing tricks on the eyes. It's got a couple of pitches to get water to the sides. Basically it goes

House V Pool. And it also goes
Left ^ Right.

Big storms pound the back of the house and there is a waterfall coming off the siding, moreso than the gutters dump on either side. Being the Patio guy lives a few houses over, I said 'you know how it pounds the back of the house sometimes' and he blinked, hard.

K. Yeah. We gotta plan for that. :ROFLMAO:

Then he got right to 'we're gonna raise this here and drop that there and this over here will that....'

The angles are entirely noticeable in person, and I so much would have rathered not see the slopes, but if it saves us every couple of years from flooding the pool or the house, it's worth it.

I won't stand around second guessing it much. Not when there is a 33 ft cannonball ramp in front of me.

I figured as much. I feel like I can kind of see the 'hump' in the middle from the photo, but it really isn't bad. Ever since we installed our paver patio and I put WAY too much slope away from the house I tell myself that I prefer the look of a 'freeform' or 'natural' landscape that isn't perfectly flat and whatnot.

I am starting to think about what I want to do for our build and drainage. Based on the height we set the pool at I'm probably just going to throw a channel drain all the way along the 'high' side of the pool to protect it from water running downhill, as well as some careful reshaping and grading.

Reactions: Newdude
Big storms pound the back of the house and there is a waterfall coming off the siding, moreso than the gutters dump on either side. Being the Patio guy lives a few houses over, I said 'you know how it pounds the back of the house sometimes' and he blinked, hard.

K. Yeah. We gotta plan for that. :ROFLMAO:

Then he got right to 'we're gonna raise this here and drop that there and this over here will that....'
And I give you the NewDude and Neighbor water drainage system…

FAE95D2C-58FE-4A4E-83D2-5F7B336F700C.jpeg
Patent Pending…🤣

Really though, enjoying seeing it coming along, can’t wait to see it finished! 😁

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.