So this happened

Came home today to find the diving board guy here a day early. I chatted with the guy and apologized for being 'that guy' but told him how far off his last stands were. He refused to believe it, so I scrolled through the pics. His 'there's no way' he screwed up, quickly became 'there's no way' that it was Ok. Yeah man. Let's work together and get it right.

The new ones still appeared the front legs were 4 inches to the side but I squared them 2 ways which seemed better than that but still off. So we grabbed the board and lined up the back holes and it laid close enough. It was awkward supporting the weight of the board while trying to get the holes to match, but it worked.

He took 4 chunks of cement with him. Yall's do the math as to if I was the only one he had today.

20220728_152151.jpg

Last edited:
He had NO idea who he was trying to Bull
He should have. It was the same guy who had to come fix the liner tracks cutting through the liner and then liner lock the whole thing for being loose. But thanks. :hug:
That way you KNOW it is as right as it could be.
My 3 ft sheetrock square wasn't long enough to I taped a string to the edge and used the string off the square and the two brackets were off by 2 inches instead of the 4 they looked by eye. Then I marked both centers and the pool center and the 3 didn't line up that way either. So we threw the board on and it looked fine. Maybe it's an inch off and I'll never see it. The other one had the board touching the bendy part on the left side and lots of horizontal pipe coming out the other side.
Did they use new legs?
They DID. They sure used the level getting the other 2 level with each other, just not level by themselves or square. They scratched the SNOT out of them and all these stands / ladders went to crud with the shortages. The ones without damage to the finish rust in no time, I wasn't taking these. Each one of these marks is from the level being slapped down and they ran across the whole bar. Clearly they had a plenty of tries to get it right. Lol. They also put a few bad gouges/scratches at ground level with the shovel. 20220725_164835.jpg

REALLY??? UNreal!
Just like my stairs that they poured, when I wasn't getting that kind of stairs......... if they did it right, they wouldn't be taking cement home with them. The back of his truck had alot more than just mine in it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Speaking of not one crew getting it right....... I had thought the wall guys did good. Pouring the stairs was fired GCs fault not theirs. But everything at that stage looked great. Until I got in the pool the first time and saw the skimmer unlevel. It's not terrible, but it also ain't great if you can spot it across the pool.

If anyone remembers, this is the skimmer that the liner guys forgot to cut out. 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20220728-214756_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-214353_Gallery.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TampaKathy
He needs these

View attachment 441195

Tomorrow is the electrician to bond the stands. And they haven't had a crack at this yet so then they get their 2 or 3 turns. *Sigh*
Just remember regardless of what the electrician says tomorow when he’s done, you CANNOT bond a pool with the new fangled wireless WIFI bonding technology. Just sayin lol 😂

He should have. It was the same guy
and there is the problem :(
Maybe it's an inch off and I'll never see it. The other one had the board touching the bendy part on the left side and lots of horizontal pipe coming out the other side.
and they thought it was good enough..................
They scratched the SNOT out of them and all these stands / ladders went to crud with the shortages. The ones without damage to the finish rust in no time,
:shock: Good move getting new ones!
if they did it right, they wouldn't be taking cement home with them. The back of his truck had alot more than just mine in it.
I was trying to see if I could figure out how many different jobs that came from. Too many that is for sure!! At least they took it with them this time!
I got in the pool the first time and saw the skimmer unlevel.
:roll: well at least it is just a smidgen

Reactions: newdude
I was trying to see if I could figure out how many different jobs that came from. Too many that is for sure!! At least they took it with them this time!
No telling what other mess ups it came from, or how many. But. It's more than just mine. They don't mix/pour cement only to take it back, unless they fouled up.

Reminds me of that time they poured me concrete stairs and then the GC smugly told me he needed to check my contract to see if they'd remove the massive chunks of screw up cement. He tapped the clipboard and everything.

It was everything I could do not to high five him. In the face. With the 2X4 laying next to him.

Me, waiting for the electrical contractor...
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.