So the raccoon paid me another visit last night...

dance christmas GIF

I see you're in Florida. Put up a bird cage around the pool - problem solved! Plus, you get the added benefit of blocking a good portion of the UV rays, and a cleaner pool! :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So will they actually jump in where they can't touch the bottom? I can fortify my step barrier if need be but there's at least 3 other open pools on my block. I'm hoping they'll at least think mine isn't worth the hassle and go somewhere easier!
We also have at least 4 feral cats roaming my back yard daily and nightly. My guess is the trap would get them first and I hate trying to find somewhere to get rid of feral cats!

As someone who has rescued Racoons before, you're playing a losing game. If you can build it, they will find away around. Your best option is to set a trap, catch them, then release them somewhere FAR FAR away.
Likely illegal. We had a bad raccoon problem that we solved completely with a few ‘Yard Enforcers’ (Amazon) strategically located around the pool. Once they get sprayed a few times the word seems to get out. Problem completely solved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.