So lost and confused

tonya0421

Jul 23, 2021
Homewood, IL
Newbie here. I have a Summer Waves 14ft pool. It has a SFX1000 SkimmerPlus Filter Pump 110-120V. It rained here in Illinois quite a bit in the last 2 weeks and I neglected my pool. It was green and full of gunk. I added algecide and then shocked it. (I later learned that was a bad idea). My water turned blue almost right away, but then it was full of bubbles. I ran my pump almost 48 continuous hours. After 2 days, I noticed my water is now extremely cloudy. I cannot see the bottom at all. I took a sample to the pool store and they recommended a pH lower(er). I followed their instructions and nothing. I have shocked the pool at least 3 times in the last few days. I floc'ed it and still nothing. It's as cloudy as ever. Here are my numbers:
Ch- 5/10
pH-6.6
Alkaline-80
cya-40
Th-200

Welcome to the forum!
With your size pool, the best move is to drain it, clean it, and refill.
Then you will either need to get a complete proper test kit, Test Kits Compared; or decide to treat the pool as a Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools - Trouble Free Pool
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thank you. I definately thought about draining it tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions on proper draining? I doubt i can just pull the plug and let it go in the yard.

Depending on your surroundings, you could use a siphon if you have a field or other area to drain it to. If you live in a city, you might need to check with them on where you are to drain the pool. You might need a sump pump. Home Depot, Harbor Freight, etc have those. Once you get it about 2/3rds drained, keep an eye on it because the liner can shift. I would think your size pool is designed to be fully drained but check your owners manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.