Slam needed

Overnight chlorine loss 1.5, CC 0
Pool looks clear. Next steps to eradicate mustard algae?
It’s overcast and chance of storms..hopefully that doesn’t take me back.

Attachments

• IMG_4766.jpeg
    IMG_4766.jpeg
    639.7 KB · Views: 11
If you do have MA, it's not time to go to that step yet. You must pass the regular SLAM Process first. Your numbers above show you failed the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, so you have to stick with the SLAM for now.

After you pass all 3 SLAM criteria, then you can look into the 24 hr MA treatment.

Overnight loss 0.5..yay!
Next steps?
I do have a waterfall feature and before the pool getting cloudy we ran the waterfall for the first time this season. Maybe that’s the source?
Can anyone tell me the course of action here?
Thanks!

That would be a good idea. Do an OCLT after running the water fall for a good portion of the day.

Will run the waterfall today and check OCLT again tomorrow.
Can I get the kids back in the pool, feel terrible about keeping them out day after day!
Should I raise to Mustard Algae level today since we are not sure if I have dust or mustard algae? If yes what level will that be for CYA 40?

You can swim in the pool if you can see the bottom of the deep end and the FC is between minimum and SLAM level.

If you wish to raise to mustard algae level for 24 hours AFTER passing all three criteria for the SLAM, it is 60% of CYA. or 24 ppm for you.

Realize the mustard algae protocol is one raise of the FC. You should then maintain FC above mustard algae minimum for several weeks.
Read Mustard Algae

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok will raise to 24 for 24 hrs, run waterfall
Drop and maintain at 6.0 FC for 2 weeks after?
I am going out of town at end of June, will leave FC at 6, float 2 pucks in floater and hope for the best for 1 week. Fingers crossed!

Then if you are going away that long without anyone to monitor, raise the FC to SLAM level and add the pucks.

Replace the SWCG.

So I held off taking FC to 24 till vacuum arrived, ram vacuum yesterday. Pool looked clear but still dust clouds on the floor of pool with brushing. Raised FC to 24 last night.
Pool looks great.
This morning drop was to 18.
I have done 2 OCLt in last 3 days with drops of 1, what’s going on? Why such a huge drop? Will run waterfall and raise to 24 again.

FC above SLAM levels will degrade faster than normal levels, so that’s not a huge surprise. But OCLT drops of 1ppm are likely on the wrong side of borderline. I can’t recall - have you checked lights, ladders, skimmers and weir doors for hidden algae?

No ladders, lights are nicheless.
Pool looks crystal clear but still dust plumes when I brush.
Not sure what to do, part of me just wants to chill and enjoy it but I really don’t want to go through last weeks ordeal again.

Attachments

• IMG_4771.jpeg
    IMG_4771.jpeg
    716.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4772.jpeg
    IMG_4772.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 6
You can call around and see if they carry taylor reagents. Ask them specifically if the have the reagent you need. Not typical, but some stores do carry them...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.