SC Pool Build

Better safe than sorry. Post em up. If everything is good, and its just gratuitous pic posting, well you're in luck cuz we love that too !!

Electrician stopped by, he is going to install a 100 amp sub panel next to my meter then feed the intellicenter from that so that I can hook up the hot tub and run a panel down to the shed. The intellicenter still hasn't arrived yet though :(

Tomorrow is backfill and grading day, so hopefully I will be able to figure out if we under estimated how big or how many retaining walls we need....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WHAT??? WOW! I love that liner!

@kimkats the liner was 100% the wife, I didn't want involved in picking it at all. I am more about functionality than looks.

Is your equipment running yet?

Equipment is not running yet, still waiting on the Intellicenter to arrive, but the pump, filter and SWG are in.

Do you have a test kit yet?

Instead of just upgrading my K-2106 test kit that I use for the Hot Tub(bromine), I bought a TF-100 with the K-1766 and borate strips. It came the other day and I have done a few tests already from the tap.
Here is the results from the 3rd test(all were about the same) PoolMath Logs

Looking at a used IntelliChem Model 521357 P/N 522622 for $495, it just needs 1 ORP sensor($115) and 1 pH sensor($95), the cables are included with the unit.

Thought is to use it for just monitoring, the daily and weekly tests with the TF-100 will still be done. Maybe not the weeklies when I am away for business but at least I can check and tell the wife if something needs adjusted.

Thoughts?

Good job wife!! I can't wait to see it when it is full!

Okay so looking at your levels what do YOU think you need to do and buy? Look down at my siggy for the recommended levels. (teacher coming out in me LOL)

You are going to have to find a way to mix the chlorine in the water until the pump can be run. See if your pool builder can hook it up so it can at least run with a on/off switch of some kind.

I am not 100% sure on your plans with the above question. @Jimrahbe can you guide then on this?

Kim:kim:

Looking at a used IntelliChem Model 521357 P/N 522622 for $495, it just needs 1 ORP sensor($115) and 1 pH sensor($95), the cables are included with the unit.

The main reason that we do not recommend the IntelliChem, is because it uses ORP as a measurement of FC.. This means you have to keep your CYA below about 30.

We have found over time that systems that automatically measure your pH and Chlorine, need constant calibration and probe replacements.. It is just barely better than going to the pool store for test results..

Nothing beats the human brain to understand that something just does not look right. When you feel this, you just rerun the tests.. An automatic system just assumes it must be correct... and moves on..

Running tests on your pool once a week is just not a big effort. It keeps the owner in "touch" with his pool... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

You are going to have to find a way to mix the chlorine in the water until the pump can be run. See if your pool builder can hook it up so it can at least run with a on/off switch of some kind.
The electrician will be back out by Friday to hook up the Intellicenter and will add chlorine then......

Okay so looking at your levels what do YOU think you need to do and buy? Look down at my siggy for the recommended levels. (teacher coming out in me LOL)

I calculated based off the last time I filled the spa and I ordered the following earlier in the week.

Need:
  • 11 lbs of baking soda
  • 21 oz of dry acid
  • 50 oz of bleach
  • 15 lbs of dry stabilizer
  • 17 bags of salt
  • 57 lbs of boric acid
I had some of the stuff already so ordered:
  • 10 lbs of baking soda
  • 20 bags of salt
  • 20 lbs of dry stabilizer
  • 60 lbs of boric acid

Running tests on your pool once a week is just not a big effort. It keeps the owner in "touch" with his pool... :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info, that is what I figured, however, sometimes I could be gone for weeks at a time...

I need a new broom, should I get a push broom or upright broom?

Waiting on the different contractors to come give some options on the retaining walls and then I will order the robot... If retaining walls are within budget M600, else S200 variant.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.