SC Pool Build

Gave approval to order the pool on Monday. Wife made a change already lol. We are upgrading to cantileaver coping so the pool builder will be doing the first 3' of concrete all the way around the pool.

Now debating on an auto cover. Pool Builder quoted 12k, I found 2 self install options that would save 50%.

Reactions: kimkats
Little freaked out by how massive this is.

:laughblue::laughblue::laughblue:
I work at customers houses. I’ve seen hundreds of new builds, Or just moved in and making it a dream home, or been there forever but now was the time for a pool. I had seen every step of the way more times than I can count. When it was my OWN dirt piled 20ft high and 60 long..... I flinched like I never saw one before.

@Newdude it is difficult to even explain. The far side they brought up like 5-6' but we discussed yesterday that we would bring it up 2'

I thought maybe they went to lunch earlier and were coming back so I was going to ask. Might have to text them.

Mine was concrete wall vinyl liner. They literally had the house foundation crew do it with modified forms for the pool. They needed extra space in the hole to be able to work with it all, so kinda like going from a 50 inch TV to a 65 inch, It was waaaaaaaay bigger than 15 more inches diagonally. I *thought* I was prepared. Lol. Go have a beer. They know what they’re doing. Ask when they come back tomorrow morning.

He said they are coming back Monday, I'll go find a xanax and some rum.... I thought watching them work today was pretty cool and had a handful of other buddies that liked watching the stream too. I'll through it up again on Monday.

Reactions: Newdude
If I remember right, there was about 5-6 ft extra on all sides of the forms. Plenty of room for 2 people to walk past themselves while securing the forms. It probably added up to an 18 wheelers worth of dirt that sat around until it was backfilled. PLUS the actual pool dimensions worth of dirt. It was apocalyptic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

It works off of android phones or tablets.. I am also pretty sure it operates off of apple computers.. It has two different downloads.. one for apple and one for a PC

Thanks,

Jim R.
I recently went through this with a new EasyTouch system and it was confusing. Now it's installed I can offer some clarification regarding Apple compatibility. I was put off by the idea that the EasyTouch system needed to be connected via a PC or Mac computer. That is NOT the case :) . In fact it turned out to be kind of the opposite.
The ScreenLogic App works directly from my iPhone with no computer (Mac or PC) required, using the Pentair Wireless Connection Kit. The app can be installed on multiple phones.
Last I checked the ScreenLogic software for Mac computers was actually quite outdated and does not even run on the most recent Mac operating systems (OS). This is because the latest Mac OS are 64 bit, but the software was written for 32 bit machines. I assume (hope?) it will get updated at some point in the future.

@kimkats I know what my waters baseline is from refilling the spa a couple times a year, so I was able to order what I didn't have already, including a test kit. I thought about using the Taylor kit for the SPA but it wouldn't have held the extra bottles, so got a TF-100.

Only thing I haven't ordered yet is the robot. Still debating between 2 of them.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.