SC Pool Build

Wall contractor was here today and started digging the footer and said the drain should go in the middle of the deck and to have the concrete company slope it from the pool to the middle and from the wall to the middle.
I am sorry I did not get back with you on this question. See that area between the pool and wall? Where and how will the water go from that area AWAY from the pool? IF your concrete guy is good and I mean REAL good they may be able to slope it so it goes to either side of the pool. Think of a big rain. You do not want that water running into your pool from the deck.

Think there might be a leak. Water was down below top step of the fiber glass steps on Friday, so I filled it and marked it. Let pump run over night for 12 hours and lost just over 1/8" over night in 12 hours. Marked new level and shut pump off and don't lose any during the day on Saturday. Called pool builder and they are sending a company out that will do a complete leak test. I also called concrete contractor and put it on hold.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
Also has a quick update, I got one of those $15 PVC fountains from Amazon and put it on the return where they plumbed it for the Polaris so that it is on its own valve. I ordered an Intellivalve the other day that should be here today so kids and wife can turn it on/off from the app.

The worst pool decision I ever made was to let my pool builder talk me into the IntelliFlo + SVRS...

The Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS) was designed to prevent entrapment by sitting or laying on the main drain.. It is not really needed any more because all new pools have two main drains connected together, so it is impossible to get trapped. Not only are they not required or needed, but they have a problem going into a false entrapment mode, which shuts the pump off.. Anyone that still has the SVRS pump for sale is just trying to get rid of old stock..

The pump will automatically shut off at any sign of suction changes.. Just closing the filter air relief valve too quickly will cause the pump to stop.

Never, ever buy any pump with the SVRS option..

The IntelliFlo is a great pump, just not when combined with the SVRS.

Thanks,

Jim R.
[/QUOTE

I have been beating my head against the wall dealing with the same issues as everyone else with svrs.
We bought a house a few years ago that had the svrs and I have read these posts several times trying to find a fix. Well I found one today... replace the drive to a normal IntelliFlo without svrs. I found one used for 150$ and that fixed the problem.
I have been beating my head against the wall dealing with the same issues as everyone else. We bought a house a few years ago that had the svrs and I have read this post several times trying to find a fix. Well I found one today... replace the drive to a normal IntelliFlo without svrs. I found one used for 150$ and that fixed the problem.

So the concrete.... well, the finish is not that good at all. 2 brothers own the company, 1 does the work and the other manages the business and such. The 1 that manages the business came and took a look around and there are a few issues with cracking but also that it dried to fast and they didn't have time to work it enough. They had a couple new guys on the crew and the finishing is inconsistent all the way around.

Luckily I haven't paid them a penny yet and he said they will make it right. They are looking at a couple options to fix the cracks and he said probably they will do cool/kool decking.

What are thoughts on the different concrete topping options? What to avoid? Which is best? Ect.... TIA!

IMG_20200509_182437.jpgIMG_20200510_124923.jpgIMG_20200510_194233.jpgIMG_20200511_080044.jpgIMG_20200511_080048.jpgIMG_20200511_080051.jpgIMG_20200511_080101.jpgIMG_20200511_191435.jpg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i would like you to see their kool deck work in person . its hard to get right. they do have spray textures like a epoxy coatings and google is your friend. did they use rebar ? i dont like cracks and small areas can settle but a epoxy would help seal joints, water and cracks in concrete = bad i dont knock others work but over all its a poor job at best for the price you need a+ work

I hope the PB is picking up the cost of the Kool Deck coating. It's pricey and that's a lot of deck area. It will cover a multitude of sins but not the cracks, at least not permanently. They will show up through the coating eventually. That's fiber reinforced concrete?

@wilkj1 they didn't use rebar and a search on google and on here I found a lot don't use rebar anymore and use fiber reinforced concrete which they did, also they did 4" and not 3".

@revitup the concrete company is separate from the PB. However, the concrete company is picking up the cost of the Kool Deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.