Rooftop Infinity Edge Build

You will need some chlorine to have on hand as there are times it is needed. The SWG will take care of most of it but.....................there is times the liquid form will be needed. Look around the area for a good source for it.

Kim:kim:

The proposals I have received has line items, "Automatic Salt Chlorinator". Would that be the same thing?

You need to ask for the specif model they are proposing and determine if the Automatic Salt Chlorinator AKA SWG AKA SWCG generating capacity is at least 2X your pool volume.

EMAUX SSCone Salt Chlorinator is in one of the proposals​

That is not a model that we see in the US. Looking at the specifications in https://www.emauxgroup.com/downloads/dl/file/id/1096/product/31/ it says it produced 50 gm/hr which I compute as 2.64 lbs of chlorine per day. That is as good as a 60,000 gallon cell we see in the US yet the specs say the cell is for 150,000 liters or 40,000 gallons.

I have lost track of how many liters or gallons will be in the pool.

img-20210121-wa0002-current-jpg.315995

Just to clarify, is the pool going on top of this house, or is it going to be on a completely different structure?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pool will be roughly 17K gallons. 150 L is roughly 40K.

That should work. I like the specs and features of that unit. It is better then what we have available in the USA.

Last edited:
As is it looks woefully under supported.

Can you provide some backstory as to why ?

Are there hidden supports we can’t see ?

Did the project change drastically and needs to be fortified to accommodate the changes ?

Did supply issues (possibly covid related) stop the project mid build ?

Did you buy someone else’s half started project?

There are a lot of pieces to this puzzle missing and you can tell us a lot without getting into your own personal details. It would help greatly going forward. :)

As is it looks woefully under supported.

Can you provide some backstory as to why ?

Are there hidden supports we can’t see ?

Did the project change drastically and needs to be fortified to accommodate the changes ?

Did supply issues (possibly covid related) stop the project mid build ?

Did you buy someone else’s half started project?

There are a lot of pieces to this puzzle missing and you can tell us a lot without getting into your own personal details. It would help greatly going forward. :)
The answers to your questions are all no.

Reactions: Newdude
The answers to your questions are all no
Welp, You didn’t come here for construction advice like you said. You needed chemistry advice which we certainly can do as well. And as friend-ily as I promised. :)

So I am around this type house all the time. On the ocean and everything. I’ve literally been in more than I can count. What I always see is that with an owner that didn’t need to spare expenses, the pools are insanely over engineered with 8 pumps and multiple filters. Many will have every gadget and commercial grade device there is. Maybe several. The point to this story is that the 40k SWG unit would work just fine in the states, but may not produce enough chlorine in a hot/Tropical climate. If it’s available I would highly recommend a 60k unit because the sunshine is going to LOVE to burn up your FC in the peak season. If a 60k unit isn’t available, I would have two 40k units installed side by side. It will add $1500(ish) to the project and be a drop in the proverbial bucket. After all, you want it to not only be easy, but worry free chemistry when you aren’t there. It would be the best money you spent.

When you have the time, start your chemistry journy here ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. It’s a lot of terms at first but simple stuff and they will click after a few reads. Take some time to process it all and read it again. We are here to answer any questions in the meantime.

Reactions: Jmerges and Snoobug
The point to this story is that the 40k SWG unit would work just fine in the states, but may not produce enough chlorine in a hot/Tropical climate. If it’s available I would highly recommend a 60k unit because the sunshine is going to LOVE to burn up your FC in the peak season. If a 60k unit isn’t available, I would have two 40k units installed side by side.

A Pentair IC60 can generate 2 lbs of chlorine/day. According to the spec sheet this SWG generates 2.64 lbs/day of chlroine if I did the math correctly.

An IC60 is speced at 60,000 gallons. This SWG looks to be over engineered and with conservative marketing claims, unlike what we see here in the USA.

I think it will do fine in a tropical 20K pool if it lives up to the spec sheet..

Reactions: Jmerges
An IC60 is speced at 60,000 gallons. This SWG looks to be over engineered and with conservative marketing claims, unlike what we see here in the USA.

I think it will do fine in a tropical 20K pool if it lives up to the spec sheet
That’s a breath of fresh air compared to what we usually see with over hyped manufacturer specs. Unless it’s exactly what we usually see. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Jmerges
This thread perplexes me. OP posts photos and plans that are like, completely insane, from most of our backyard-pool-owner perspectives, but won't answer questions about it that predictably follow. And having read through it I'm not even clear on what advice OP is looking for to begin with.

OP found us looking for how to manage the pool post build. We shamelessly asked for pics because we love pics. The rest kinda snowballed beyond OP’s level of comfort with sharing.

So we will do our thing and help where we can be of help.

OP found us looking for how to manage the pool post build. We shamelessly asked for pics because we love pics. The rest kinda snowballed beyond OP’s level of comfort with sharing.

So we will do our thing and help where we can be of help.
I get that... I just don't understand what the question is that OP needs help with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.