Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I took it to mean the pool will be on its own support structure independent of the house. So build a pool then build a house around it sort of thing.
I think I read it the same, but everyone is questioning the pool on top of the structure in the picture. If the pool truly is it’s own free standing structure that is flush against the house/anchored into the house, that isn’t accounted for in some of this discussion.

stiritup

Feb 12, 2021
Fairfax, MA
I had no idea they build stainless pools that big. I don’t know what the potential downsides of a stainless steel pool would be, but I would think it would be very durable. I would suggest researching the different pool types and understanding their pros and cons. Personally I would prefer a fiberglass pool followed by a vinyl. You will have to replace a vinyl liner every 5 to 15 years but it’s a lot cheaper and easier process then re plastering a concrete pool. If you decide to go vinyl I would recommend choosing a liner that has a solid base color though out. Our current liner is an electric blue color. It’s pattern is printed on top of a solid blue base material. The liner we replaced had a blue pattern printed on a white base material. When we replaced it the pool was completely white as the blue print had completely faded away. We chose the current liner strictly because it can’t fade completely white and in theory should look nice a lot longer.
Thank you for the input. We still have some flexibility for which way to go with the pool. We were interested in one company who proposed a liner but they don't have an infinity option. They couldn't explain to us why that is very well or the explanation was lost on us. The reason for exploring stainless steel is because it is lighter than the current option. As it stand now we are limited to basic stainless steel stairs for accessing the pool. Our hope is a concrete walk-in but that may violate our weight limitation. I still hope to come across a light material that can be used for the sort of elegant pool access we are looking for.

Orion7319

Jul 1, 2020
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Thank you for the input. We still have some flexibility for which way to go with the pool. We were interested in one company who proposed a liner but they don't have an infinity option. They couldn't explain to us why that is very well or the explanation was lost on us. The reason for exploring stainless steel is because it is lighter than the current option. As it stand now we are limited to basic stainless steel stairs for accessing the pool. Our hope is a concrete walk-in but that may violate our weight limitation. I still hope to come across a light material that can be used for the sort of elegant pool access we are looking for.
I can’t quite contemplate what the structure of a vinyl pool suspended in the air would consist of. If you have a way to create a strong and lightweight pool structure, at that point you could look at a fiberglass coating for it.

stiritup

Feb 12, 2021
Fairfax, MA
I can’t quite contemplate what the structure of a vinyl pool suspended in the air would consist of. If you have a way to create a strong and lightweight pool structure, at that point you could look at a fiberglass coating for it.
Nice. Not sure if it will work for an infinity pool a well.

Reactions: Orion7319

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
If you can get some aerial views of everything from a drone, that would be really cool.

Seeing the top will help figure out a suitable design.

Reactions: kimkats