Project in SE PA, bought a foreclosure w A&S pool

How did they get the mucky muck out?? What ever you put that stuff on will grow wild and big I bet!!!

Where the snakes alive? Did they even try to save the tadpoles and frogs?

We had one clean out that had a dead deer in it :shock: then another that was a full grown pond with cattails and such growing in it! They had turtles as well and frogs and snakes! FUN times------------NOT LOL

Getting so close! Drain and clean completed. Water will be delivered tomorrow am and Saturday will be the plumbing and opening of the pool. Tried to get them to do the plumbing first but they just wouldn't budge on their schedule.

Attachments

• IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    675 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    694.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0930.JPG
    IMG_0930.JPG
    364.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0932.JPG
    IMG_0932.JPG
    440.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0933.JPG
    IMG_0933.JPG
    807.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0934.JPG
    IMG_0934.JPG
    714.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0935.JPG
    IMG_0935.JPG
    796.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0936.JPG
    IMG_0936.JPG
    529.4 KB · Views: 174
Good news, bad news.
Good news- water delivered today
Bad news- since the plumbing was not fixed first there is a leak by the equipment. Lost about 10" of water right out of the broken pipes by the "endless pool" thingy. Guess the plugs in the wall of the pool weren't completely able to stop the water from exiting.

They are coming back tomorrow am to fix the plumbing, etc. Water level is below the skimmer so if they are able to open the pool it will have to be pulling from the floor drains.

Attachments

• IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    666.4 KB · Views: 158
DOH!! You tried to tell them!! GURRRRRRRRRRR! Will they pay for the "lost" water?

That is a pretty color of water right there!

Do you a water test kit yet? If not look in my siggy for the one I think is the best bang for the buck.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Total of 3 broken pipes caused by the down tree. Had to drain 1/2 of the water out to fix everything correctly. It's up and running now pulling off of the drain and the waterfall works perfectly. They are waiting on 2 4" fittings for the endless pool piping and then we should be up and running 100%. Water will be delivered (again) by no later than Wednesday.

It does need an old school manual vacuuming from all of the acid wash and power washing which they said I'm responsible for doing?? So I paid for a drain and clean, fill up, fixing the plumbing and a "bronze star" opening package and they won't spend an extra 15 minutes vacuuming the bottom of pool from the mess they made? Someone should really start an ethical, professional and reasonably priced pool service company.

Total of 3 broken pipes caused by the down tree. Had to drain 1/2 of the water out to fix everything correctly. It's up and running now pulling off of the drain and the waterfall works perfectly. They are waiting on 2 4" fittings for the endless pool piping and then we should be up and running 100%. Water will be delivered (again) by no later than Wednesday.

It does need an old school manual vacuuming from all of the acid wash and power washing which they said I'm responsible for doing?? So I paid for a drain and clean, fill up, fixing the plumbing and a "bronze star" opening package and they won't spend an extra 15 minutes vacuuming the bottom of pool from the mess they made? Someone should really start an ethical, professional and reasonably priced pool service company.

Progress, and great news! I hear you on the levels of "service" that are common - I've had the same experience across the board. That's fantastic that you're close to up and running though.

Edit: Get yourself a robot bro! No vacuuming needed :)

Last edited:
Reactions: strutaway
You can't do a manual vacuum without a working skimmer. I am guessing yours is not working due to low water which is, again, THEIR fault :roll: Yeah pool people.............you should have fixed the PIPES that take the water to and from the pool and equipment BEFORE you put the water in!!! DUH!!

Oh well at least you can see just how pretty your pool can be. It will only get better as the water is where it should be and all cleaned up.

Did you get a test kit? How are you adding chlorine to your water now?

Kim:kim:

Making progress day at a time. Plumbing fixed except the endless pool feature. This company does not have any experience nor have they seen one before. They capped off the 4" pipes so water doesn't escape but have everything else up and running. Waiting on a part for the heater and that could be it for now. Stopped by today and it looks and sounds like the pump has lost prime as about 1/2 of the pump/basket is filled up. Not sure how or why this happened because it's only pulling from the drains.

Pool company coming back tomorrow to finish the opening process, vacuuming the bottom, adding the chemicals and making sure everything is functioning OK.

They also started on the steps from the deck to the ground level. I'm away till Sunday but can't wait to see the progress when I return!

Attachments

• IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    692.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    708.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    664.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    777.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    658.9 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Gorilla83
If you decide to get a robot for cleaning (recommended) , FYI Maytronics/Dolphin promotions and rebates start again May 1st. I plan on ordering mine exactly on the 1st, haha.

Looking good though, lots of progress so far.

Reactions: Captchaos
Ok, I'm back. Computer decided to die for a while. As far as construction not much has happened. Stairs coming off of the deck have started and thats about it as of now. Waiting on final prices for kitchen cabinets because we are about 2x over the builders allowance in that dept. Lucked out and found floor models for the range and refrigerator. Once we finalize the cabinets it'll be full speed ahead.

Onto the pool...had it all cleaned, balanced and looking really good. Even have the heater working and aside from all the weeds it is looking pretty good back there. Then comes the rains and a few "minor" issues with what we were told was the retaining wall not having a screen and letting all the dirty water pass through.

Lets start with me being all proud of how everything is looking. Check out the progress on the pool!

Attachments

• IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    777.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    658.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    629.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    546.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1003.JPG
    IMG_1003.JPG
    580.6 KB · Views: 122
Fast forward to Monday and I go to check out the house and pool because of all the rain. Here I am thinking it'll need to be shocked because of the rain water, maybe even the pool as overflowed a tiny bit on to the pavers.

I walk around the corner and see this.....

Attachments

• IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    834.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    681 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    514.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1056.JPG
    IMG_1056.JPG
    623.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    661.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Wow
Reactions: kimmielea
Our GC says "I'm 100% confident this is fixable. There is no screening behind the wall and all the dirt is passing through." Not sure I completely buy this because then it would be less dirty water pouring into the pool, etc.

I'm standing there at in the driveway looking at all the water pooling up and running right down the walkway, through the wall and dumping into the pool. Figured I'll try and dig a trench so the water will go around the walkway. Grab a rake, take one big pull across the wet, muddy grass and my god, there is a huge drain right there that was completely covered up. Literally with one pull of the rake the drain was exposed and all the water from the driveway started dumping into the drain which has a pipe dumping all the water into the woods. Problem solved and I'm a hero. A slightly upset hero that wonders why the GC didn't look around when he was there looking at the drainage.

About 8 days of backwashing 2x a day with the pump running 24/7 and the pool is Dang near perfect again. Except the Polaris stopped moving and I found a new leak in the pipes leading to the waterfall. Minor stuff in the grand scheme of things. Kids want to go swimming and it's reading 67*. Maybe next weekend.....

Attachments

• IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    818.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    693.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    990.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1082.JPG
    IMG_1082.JPG
    991.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1103.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    808.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kimmielea

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.