Project in SE PA, bought a foreclosure w A&S pool

Best $1,900 I ever spent. Yard and pool area is cleaned up. Any advice for all the frogs on the pool cover? I'm sure the water will need to be drained, acid washed and filled with fresh water.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    904.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    992.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    940.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    714 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    814.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0699.JPG
    IMG_0699.JPG
    921.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    747.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    870.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    967.7 KB · Views: 173
Be careful about an acid wash. Causes damage to a plaster pool (can you fill out your signature?). Only do it as a last resort.

I assume your area has very hard water?

Be careful about an acid wash. Causes damage to a plaster pool (can you fill out your signature?). Only do it as a last resort.

I assume your area has very hard water?

I'd fill out my signature but we know absolutely nothing about the pool. Pretty sure its an Anthony Sylvan pool. Hoping to peel back the cover this weekend and get a look at a small area of the pool.

Property is well water if that helps at all.

That is NOT the same property!! Your wallet does great work!! Man that is so pretty!! Was that pretty rock river already there? I love it all!

Froggies-find a pond/lake/body of water in your area. Get a 5 gal bucket ready with some water from the top of the cover of the pool. Use a long pole with a net on it to scoop the froggies up and out. Take them in the bucket to their new home!

Do you have a good test kit yet? If not looking in my siggy below for the one I think is the best bang for the buck. Knowing how long the pool has been sitting you might want to the the XL option.

Now lets talk about that house!! Man that thing is PRETTY!!! How big is it? I LOVE that balcony! I can see many meals eaten up there. What room does it come off of? Do I really see a THREE car garage? What will you park in there??? Hummmm wonder if my 'vette will fit???

Have you moved in yet?

Kim:kim:

We got this! We have helped clear ponds pool that had plants, frogs, turtles, gators, etc living and growing in them!!

The next step is to get the equipment all sorted out. You really can't do much to clear this until your pump and filter working. Can you remind us what is what with your equipment? I remember something about a tree falling on it.

This will be fun for us to help and watch!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The next step is to get the equipment all sorted out. You really can't do much to clear this until your pump and filter working. Can you remind us what is what with your equipment? I remember something about a tree falling on it.

Kim, from post #5:

Went to settlement last Thursday so the house is ours. There is a huge tree that fell right by the pool equipment that missed all the important stuff and only took out the PVC plumbing. Who knows if anything works but somehow the pool will be up and running for summer unless there are major issues. Seems to be holding water so hopefully no terrible cracks.

Equipment needs to be hooked up and plumbing pressure tested before we get to the water sports.

Good sign that the shell is holding water. Tile looks good. Probably should look at the plaster condition. Looks like pool lines were properly plugged so it can come to life quickly.

What a beautiful yard and beautiful home!! Why was is on the market for 4 years?? I am so excited to watch this thread and watch you get this pond turned into a beautiful and sparkly TFPool!!

You've got a great space under that deck for a stand alone hot tub which would make it oh-so-convenient during those cold winter months. Stand alone hot tubs get so much hotter than any pool spa I've been in, and far-far more comfy!

My two cents....and anticipation to follow along with this pool reno.

Maddie :flower:

Progress! Looks like Jandy equipment to me? See if you can get power to the pump and go from there. Obviously the plumbing will need to be done so between that and the pump/filter you can work on cleaning it up.

Called a few pool service companies to come out and take a look at things. Over the phone they started with drain and acid wash for about $1300. Not sure I'm going for that on an initial phone conversation without them even looking at the pool. Anyway, fixing the plumbing really shouldn't be a big deal. Most of the plumbing broke above ground or worst case just a few inches below the surface and its all PVC piping. I'm sure the heater will require a little TLC. Animals love to hang out in there and eat wires. At least that is what happen to our previous pool heaters during the winter months.

Looks like a filter pump, cleaner boost pump and some type of endless pool pump as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    426.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0733.JPG
    IMG_0733.JPG
    733.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    603.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    717.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    515 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0738.JPG
    IMG_0738.JPG
    958.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: Teen124
John - as you're looking at everything, I'd probably include:

-Replace main pump with variable speed for energy savings
-Replace manual timer and electric panel with automation panel if cost effective
-Ditch that mineral system cartridge (A&S includes it by default on everything), add salt cell if you don't have one already

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.