Pool surface looks worn and tired

Rob R

Mar 25, 2017
Cape, Coral
Hello All, I recently purchased a home in SW Florida with a in ground pool. The pool is quite old and the cement bottom in some areas looks shabby to say the least. Since I bought this home to fix and make a quick sell, I need to find a in expensive way to make the pool look better until the new owners decide to have the walls and tile re done in the near future. Most pool companies want to drain the pool, grind the surface, then re apply the materials to the interior of the pool to make it look like new with a price tag of 5-7 thousand. Yesterday I met a pool guy who claims he could do a acid wash with the water remaining in the pool, he said he would enter a large amount of acid and circulate it with his own specially designed pump and not use my pump and plumbing from the pool to clean the stained and shabby looking areas.

Does anyone out there have a opinion on whether this will work to freshen the appearance of the pool?

Kind Regards,
Rob

Ask him to show you how it would look on a small section. He should have a pipe or such to put some acid right were he wants it to show you how it will all end up looking. I know you are flipping but do need to say the acid method will shorten the overall life of the plaster. Just so you know.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.