Please help: Building a Spa any suggestions for a better spa experience?

I suggest you consider a stand alone spa over a built in.
Benefits include, more comfortable to sit in for long soaks, more efficient so less expensive to operate, is kept heated 24/7 and always ready for impulse use, easier to clean and maintain, is isolated from pool system when not in use (summer months).

I suggest you consider a stand alone spa over a built in.
Benefits include, more comfortable to sit in for long soaks, more efficient so less expensive to operate, is kept heated 24/7 and always ready for impulse use, easier to clean and maintain, is isolated from pool system when not in use (summer months).
Thanks

Building a in ground pool with spa.
Any suggestions on getting a better spa experience?
Pump size?
Types of jets?
Placement of jets?
Your suggestions?

What size spa? What spa spa?

How many people should it accommodate?

Get a dedicated spa jet pump. 3 HP VS pump that you can adjust the flow for whatever jet pressure you want

Each jet will require 10-15 GPM of water flow. A pump can give you maybe 80 GPM. So figure a pump can service 6 - 8 jets with high pressure. If you go wild with the number of jets you may need more then one spa jet pump.

Will you also have an air blower?

While we enjoy our spa when we use it, the reality is that usage is rare for us. As someone noted above, our built-in spa isn’t the most comfortable thing to lounge around in. Not that it’s horrible - I just grow tired of it after about 15 or 20 minutes and it takes that long just to heat it up. We still enjoy the look and the sound of the water over the stacked slate, but it probably was an expense we could have avoided.

Reactions: RDspaguy
While we enjoy our spa when we use it, the reality is that usage is rare for us. As someone noted above, our built-in spa isn’t the most comfortable thing to lounge around in. Not that it’s horrible - I just grow tired of it after about 15 or 20 minutes and it takes that long just to heat it up. We still enjoy the look and the sound of the water over the stacked slate, but it probably was an expense we could have avoided.
This is what I hear from most inground spa owners. So, if you really want that inground spa, make it comfortable with lots of jets in various configurations in each "seat". And get an assisted lift for the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.