walldoor99

Apr 27, 2024
Orlando
In the past we would get the jets in our spa to bubble about 50% of the time. We had a new more powerfull pump 2.7hp out in and at first jets seemed better. Had spa refinished and it seems only if we have a brand new filter can we get the jets to bubble, otherwise it’s a slow blow like sitting in a stagnant bath.

Doubt its related but in the pool there was a hole/attachment for a pool vac which the ‘renovator’ seemed to just replace with another eyeball so one of the pool eye alls just sucks in now which I do find a bit weird.

Any ideas/thoughts.

Thank you so much

Welcome to the forum!

In the past we would get the jets in our spa to bubble about 50% of the time. We had a new more powerfull pump 2.7hp out in and at first jets seemed better. Had spa refinished and it seems only if we have a brand new filter can we get the jets to bubble, otherwise it’s a slow blow like sitting in a stagnant bath.
What exactly did they do in the renovation? Sometimes, debris is left in some of the lines and you need to clear it by removing the jet nozzles and running the pump without the nozzles installed. The nozzles are not the exterior fitting but are usually deep within the spa wall (see below).

1714244929268.png

Doubt its related but in the pool there was a hole/attachment for a pool vac which the ‘renovator’ seemed to just replace with another eyeball so one of the pool eye alls just sucks in now which I do find a bit weird.
Sounds like that line may have actually been a cleaner suction line. That should not be left that way or you should plug it. There may be a valve on the equipment that you can use to shut off the flow.

Welcome to the forum!

What exactly did they do in the renovation? Sometimes, debris is left in some of the lines and you need to clear it by removing the jet nozzles and running the pump without the nozzles installed. The nozzles are not the exterior fitting but are usually deep within the spa wall (see below).

View attachment 568082

Sounds like that line may have actually been a cleaner suction line. That should not be left that way or you should plug it. There may be a valve on the equipment that you can use to shut off the flow.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the time you put into this reply. It makes sense. I guess I need to find a way to plug that cleaner suction line (that’s definitely what it was before), and somehow clean the Venturi line . Would you happen to know or have a link to somewhere that might show the best way (for an amateur) to do that?

It really depends on the type of jet you have.

If you have these types of nozzles (again, deep within the spa wall)

1714255736813.png

A long socket 9/16" socket wrench will remove the nozzles.

Can you take some pictures of the outer fittings?

You may need to drain the spa, and look into the jet holes to see the nozzle.

It really depends on the type of jet you have.

If you have these types of nozzles (again, deep within the spa wall)

View attachment 568200

A long socket 9/16" socket wrench will remove the nozzles.

Can you take some pictures of the outer fittings?

You may need to drain the spa, and look into the jet holes to see the nozzle.
are these pics any use ? Thank you again!

Attachments

• IMG_6208.jpeg
    IMG_6208.jpeg
    395.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6207.jpeg
    IMG_6207.jpeg
    610.9 KB · Views: 3