Pentair Warrior SE - length of power cord and Aux power control

Great information all. My Pentair SE arrives on Sunday and I can't wait to try this. Worst case it sounds like I just need to be sure if I run it from automation I just do so for less than 2 hrs. Is this correct?

Chris

So in my case, I can confirm that automation mode stays in the memory only if I schedule to kill the power anytime before the end of the default 2h cycle. It can be after few seconds or 1:55 mins, as long as power is killed during the cleaning cycle. Within 5 seconds of turning the power ON cleaner starts it's cleaning cycle again. If I let cleaner completely finish its default 2h Cycle then automation mode doesn't work for me again. "jphaus" - Can you confirm that this is true in your case as well (?)

So I continue testing, after setting up automation I ran once last night and cut the power before cycle completion. I created a schedule on smart outlet to turn on cleaner 8 am and turn off 10:30 am. It did clean the pool as expected in automation mode. I cleaned the filter and dropped cleaner back in the pool and started another schedule on the smart outlet from 11 am to 1:30 pm. Based on my experience yesterday, I wasn't expecting cleaner to start cleaning again as I didn't cut the power before the end of 2h cycle, surprisingly, the cleaner turned on and start to clean again. This latest observation is more consistent with what 'Jphaus' has described. At any rate, I am happy that automation mode works and I have an added ability to control the cleaner schedule remotely using wifi. Thanks!

So I continue testing, after setting up automation I ran once last night and cut the power before cycle completion. I created a schedule on smart outlet to turn on cleaner 8 am and turn off 10:30 am. It did clean the pool as expected in automation mode. I cleaned the filter and dropped cleaner back in the pool and started another schedule on the smart outlet from 11 am to 1:30 pm. Based on my experience yesterday, I wasn't expecting cleaner to start cleaning again as I didn't cut the power before the end of 2h cycle, surprisingly, the cleaner turned on and start to clean again. This latest observation is more consistent with what 'Jphaus' has described. At any rate, I am happy that automation mode works and I have an added ability to control the cleaner schedule remotely using wifi. Thanks!
Interesting, maybe I will set my 5am clean to run longer and see what happens tomorrow.

Reactions: poolH2O
That is not true in my case, as I always let the cleaner finish it's entire cycle, then the power supply automatically turns off many hours later overnight. When applying power again the next time, it remains in automation mode for me.

So you don't turn it off, you just turn it on when needed? I have notice mine won't be running but power button is lit, maybe it turns off after so many hours.
Tonight I will disable to power off and see how long it takes for the button to shut down

So I too have a Warrior SE and would love to figure out if this on/off automation works. Ive tried pushing the schedule button from "off" for 10 seconds and I do get the three green flashing LEDs. Should I not be able to unplug and replug it in and it just start up from there? I want to test it before going the next step. Ultimately I would like to use my Jandy Aqualink RS control in my house to turn it on. How can I test to see if it is in Automation mode such that if I turn on Power to plug it automatically cuts on? I know if I just unplug and replug it in it does not cut on.

srock,

I plugged it in, then pressed the timer button quickly (less than 5 seconds after I pressed the power button) and held it for 10 seconds. Then the power light and all 3 timer leds stay lit. I think this indicates it's in automation mode. When I unplug it the lights fade off over a couple seconds. Then when I plug it in the control lights the cleaner starts running (blue light on the back of it flashes).

Chris

How can I test to see if it is in Automation mode such that if I turn on Power to plug it automatically cuts on? I know if I just unplug and replug it in it does not cut on.
When mine is in Automation mode all 3 LED's above the timer button plus the lights around the power button flash then illuminate. When I unplug it and then plug it in the lights come on again and the robot runs a cycle. I programed mine with a simple WiFi plug and use Alexa to control it with a simple programmed routine. Try it a couple of times and I bet it works for you. If you have problems I'll make a video.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We
When mine is in Automation mode all 3 LED's above the timer button plus the lights around the power button flash then illuminate. When I unplug it and then plug it in the lights come on again and the robot runs a cycle. I programed mine with a simple WiFi plug and use Alexa to control it with a simple programmed routine. Try it a couple of times and I bet it works for you. If you have problems I'll make a video.
When mine is off I press the timer button and after 10 seconds the 3 green leds flash about 6 or so times and the power button dimly flashes but this may just be residual light from the three green ones. After flashing they cutoff and don’t stay on. When I unplug and plug back in nothing happens. Thanks for your help.

We

When mine is off I press the timer button and after 10 seconds the 3 green leds flash about 6 or so times and the power button dimly flashes but this may just be residual light from the three green ones. After flashing they cutoff and don’t stay on. When I unplug and plug back in nothing happens. Thanks for your help.

That should work, have you tried unplugging and doing it twice? Seems like mine didn't' work the first time but it sounds like your doing it correct

OK, I think I've figured it out. It takes 2 cycles in a row to set Automation Mode. Must be sort of a safety method to be sure you don't accidentally set automation mode (?) or a programming error. Just for clarity here's the procedure to get my Pentair Warrior SE into automation mode:

1. Plug in the unit.
  2. Press the timer button (not power button) for 10 seconds. The power led plus the 3 timer led's will light.
  3. Unplug the unit.
  4. Plug the unit in again.
  5. Press the timer button again for 10 seconds. The power led plus the 3 timer led's will light.
  6. Unplug the unit. Then plug it in again. The power led and 3 timer led's will light and the unit is running. If you unplug again and re plug it will start again. This verifies you are in automation mode. It will always start with power until you press the power button with the unit running which turns off automation mode. In non-automation mode you have to press the power button after plugging it in.
I hope this is helpful. Please see a few photo's below.

Chris

Unit in Normal Mode after plugging in:
1589983137088.png

After pressing the timer button for 10 seconds these lights stay on:
1589983945953.png

Unplug the unit and re plug it which results in the first photo again. Press the timer button again for 10 seconds which causes the 3 timer mode led's to light simultaneously. You are now in Automation Mode. If you unplug and re plug it will always start with these lights on indicating you are in Automation Mode. Any time it's running like this you can take it out of Automation Mode by pressing the power button.

I emailed Pentair and asked about it and even shared the youtube video..Basically they said " that won't work, not supported" I replied back and said it does work and I wanted to know the proper procedure
but sure they put my ticket in File 13.

I emailed Pentair and asked about it and even shared the youtube video..Basically they said " that won't work, not supported" I replied back and said it does work and I wanted to know the proper procedure
but sure they put my ticket in File 13.
I eventually got it working after fiddling with it. I think I just accidentally followed your procedure! Just curious If my plan is to set up with Jandy Aqualink would you just schedule an “on” for slightly longer than the cycle time for the warrior se?

I eventually got it working after fiddling with it. I think I just accidentally followed your procedure! Just curious If my plan is to set up with Jandy Aqualink would you just schedule an “on” for slightly longer than the cycle time for the warrior se?
i don’t think it will run more then 2 hour cycle time. I just have a basic smart plug and I set schedules on the app. I have mine set to run 1hr 45 minutes in the early morning and it lets me restart again if needed. I also added an Alexa so I can tell her to start the dolphin.
Once the trees stop dropping junk in the pool I will change it to run an hour every morning, mine stays in the pool unless we are swimming but our water is still cold

I run mine for 2 hrs every day. Tested it for 2.5 hrs after I saw your post. Stayed in automation mode no problem. Maybe different serial numbers have different software? If I had this to do again it might make me prefer the S200 or Active 20. At least the automation mode is documented for them and they're supposed to be identical to the Pentair SE anyway.

Chris

I run mine for 2 hrs every day. Tested it for 2.5 hrs after I saw your post. Stayed in automation mode no problem. Maybe different serial numbers have different software? If I had this to do again it might make me prefer the S200 or Active 20. At least the automation mode is documented for them and they're supposed to be identical to the Pentair SE anyway.

Chris

Does anybody have documentation they can share? Yea I am disappointed in Pentairs reply but seems to be my luck, I asked Circupool about my edge changing watts with the power and was don't " don't worry about it just leave it alone" :)
Chris, I will try the 2.5hr and see if it works. I had problems when I first started and thought maybe thats what caused it but I think me pushing the power button when outside disabled it.

Reactions: setsailsoon
I received my Warrior SE today and I am playing around with it. I was curious if I set it to one LED light to run once a day what time it would run and in researching this I ran across this thread. So trying to follow along I tried holding the button furthest to the right which looks like a timer to me and no lights come on as described. Am I doing something differently?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.