Pentair Filter Lid popping off

The 0.47 O.D seems to be the newer O-ring.

If you have the 0.50 diameter, then it will be difficult to get the lid on correctly.

15/32" = 0.47".

16/32 =0.50"

The difference is only 1/32", but it is enough to make the lid difficult to get on correctly.

1630349169254.png

1630349257555.png
1630349384155.png
This shows the expected pressure at different flow rates.

If your pressure is more than 10 psi, then it is too much and the pump is running to fast and/or you have a clogged cell.

Last edited:
But you do have an air relief valve, at least. Are you opening it when refilling the filter with water? You should leave it open until all the air comes out, water starts spurting out, and then close the valve.
Yes we opened the water valve as per instruction. Thanks!

You also mentioned the pool guy changed the filter clamp. Perhaps it not the correct one and he's just getting away with it but your not. Just a FYI the clamp ends are supposed to be somewhere in the 1/16" to 1/8" gap after tightening but yours looks way out of spec.

You also mentioned the pool guy changed the filter clamp. Perhaps it not the correct one and he's just getting away with it but your not. Just a FYI the clamp ends are supposed to be somewhere in the 1/16" to 1/8" gap after tightening but yours looks way out of spec.
Yes thank you! I do believe he leaving some things out of his instructions that’s the reason I am trying to determine ”what”. Unfortunately his is the local guy in our small town that is recommended by most everyone.😕

Yes thank you! I do believe he leaving some things out of his instructions that’s the reason I am trying to determine ”what”. Unfortunately his is the local guy in our small town that is recommended by most everyone.😕
Another FYI, you need lube on the gasket for it to seat correctly and not bind up. With this clamp and the pressure it exerts on the filter it wont slide just because you want it to. Start snugging the bult and as mentioned earlier use a rubber mallet at 180° from the bult is where the hinge is and tap away evenly both sides towards the brass nut. Tighten some more and again with the mallet. If indeed the clamp is the right part it'll close much more doing what I explained several times.

Another FYI, you need lube on the gasket for it to seat correctly and not bind up. With this clamp and the pressure it exerts on the filter it wont slide just because you want it to. Start snugging the bult and as mentioned earlier use a rubber mallet at 180° from the bult is where the hinge is and tap away evenly both sides towards the brass nut. Tighten some more and again with the mallet. If indeed the clamp is the right part it'll close much more doing what I explained several times.
Yes thank you we have not used the the lube. We did use a rubber mallet and did think the clamp was tight enough but lid blew off once again. Trying to gather as much info to learn to properly to it ourselves.
Thank you again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.