Jandy Stealth pump basket lid won’t come off!!!

Sumo1

Mar 29, 2007
Georgia
I’ve been using this 2-speed pump continuously for the last 4years +. Lid has been off dozens of times. Finally, getting the pool replastered, the pump was off for 3-4 weeks, thanks to uncooperative weather. Plastering done, pool finally filled, pump wouldn’t pull water and I can’t prime it because the lid won’t come off. Tapped both directions with a hammer on the “ears” to loosen, the locking ring will move but lid won’t budge. Opened the drain at bottom of basket in case of air lock, to no avail. Totally at a loss what to do. Ordered a new lid, delivered today, but useless unless I get this one off. Help? Please.

If some love taps with a hammer didn't help I'd try 2 hammers at the same time. (In opposite directions, lefty loosey).

+1 on the rubber mallet ^^^^^

You won't damage the ears. I wallop the daylights outta them every time and have been for 12 years.
They still look fine.

Recommend lube for the O-ring in the lid every time (if not already doing so).

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.