Our L.A. (Lower Arkansas) pool install.

Update Day # whatever day it is into this install... Got our water bill yesterday. Roughly 10,000 gallons in this pool added about $65.00 to our water bill. Can't bring myself to gripe about that one.

Oh yeah, I picked up a little more lumber today. Hopefully, this will get us through the deck build.

We got our riser installed last night. I really need to decide where to place my steps and get them mounted. I jumped down off the deck to cut a deck board, landed on a cut off piece of wood and twisted my ankle. Now me and Professordaisy are both gimped up. I'm not nearly as bad off as she is. I got lucky. It's just a little sore this morning but I am sure it will slow me down some on the rail installation the next couple of nights.

I'll be making a platform like this for our steps.

It was fairly simple but time consuming. I meant to take some pictures of the frame before the decking went on, but daylight was burning and I plain forgot.

I started with the longest two sides, creating an "L" shaped box and worked my way toward the pool. I would position it and measure some more and pull it back to build more boxes onto the frame. I then screwed it down to the deck boards and joists where applicable and decked it, trying to line up the decking with the main floor of the deck.

Can't wait to see pictures. What part of LA are you from? I grew up in Lake Village.

We are south of Arkadelphia. Not quite as Lower Arkansas as Lake Village...

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to take a break from deck building last night and do some pool cleaning and enjoying last night.

Oh the joys of living in a Hickory Grove... This is what I vacuumed up.

And Happy Early Father's Day to me!

We are south of Arkadelphia. Not quite as Lower Arkansas as Lake Village...

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to take a break from deck building last night and do some pool cleaning and enjoying last night.

Oh the joys of living in a Hickory Grove... This is what I vacuumed up.

And Happy Early Father's Day to me!

You are going to love that skimmer box! Happy Father's Day to you just a bit early from me! :mrgreen:

We finally got our deck "finished". At least the rails up. Still needs lattice work underneath. I managed to get some gumption throughout the week and they slowly but surely came together.

This is where we stood as of yesterday afternoon when I got home from work.

A couple of hours of cutting ballisters to length, predrilling screw holes, attaching the ballisters and only fixing a screw up on one run and we have our deck completed.

Finally getting to relax poolside...

Before grilling some filet mignons for supper.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Strutaway.... hmmm... I think I know that name.... everyone, meet my mother in law! And yes he's a cute puppy. He may just win me over. He seems to trust me more than professordaisy.

Thanks Lacey, we spent several hours on it this weekend.

Thank you Kim.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The deck looks great Mac! Wanna come help us do ours? :mrgreen:

Sure is a cute puppy on professor daisy's lap.
Tee Hee Hee! My mom has joined the thread! Her only post! Guess we will make TFP a family thing! My sister is lurking somewhere in the shadows. She read our thread last night! LOL!

Casey
I've always wanted to come to that part of the world! I LOVE your umbrellas! We've been looking at one on Amazon but I'm cheap and it is not offered with free Prime shipping...

I would be more than happy to if it weren't for that pesky 1200 mile drive...

Oh I know!!! Lol

Tee Hee Hee! My mom has joined the thread! Her only post! Guess we will make TFP a family thing! My sister is lurking somewhere in the shadows. She read our thread last night! LOL!

Casey
I've always wanted to come to that part of the world! I LOVE your umbrellas! We've been looking at one on Amazon but I'm cheap and it is not offered with free Prime shipping...

Hi mom!!! :wave:

I got mine at Wal-Mart for I think $25 or $35. Can't remember.... :mrgreen:

I feel for Ms. Daisy! I have been dealing with a very painful shoulder since mid April and I still can lift a gallon of milk or dump bleach in my pool without severe pain.

Hubby bought wood for ours too and I just can't help him. It's driving me insane!!! Good luck and keep us posted with pics! Ms. Daisy and I will be lounging in the pools with our sore rotator cuffs!

What the heck is going on lately with bad shoulders, etc? I too have been plagued by a pinched nerve in my neck that goes into my shoulder and down my arm. Been on nerve pain pills, and another pain meds for the last 5 months. I have an MRI set up for next month so they find out what is exactly wrong and what to do about it. No fun at all for sure.

What the heck is going on lately with bad shoulders, etc? I too have been plagued by a pinched nerve in my neck that goes into my shoulder and down my arm. Been on nerve pain pills, and another pain meds for the last 5 months. I have an MRI set up for next month so they find out what is exactly wrong and what to do about it. No fun at all for sure.

Mine is a very angry case of shoulder tendonitis! I got a shot of cortisone and 85% of my pain is gone! I felt like it was worse than it was because of all the pain I was in! Get the MRI and an XRAY!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.