Our L.A. (Lower Arkansas) pool install.

I feel for all of you with shoulder issues. About 10 years ago, before a duck hunt, I was trying to start a buddies boat while it was on the trailer from the ground. The compression hit and locked up the rope in mid pull. My body kept pulling and I heard an awful tearing noise before the pain hit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

On a brighter note... I got the following text from Professordaisy yesterday afternoon. "We are going to have to figure out how to get rid of those ant bugs! I've been run out of my floating! They all ganged up on me and attacked at once." Then a few minutes later. "Skimmer help? Maybe? I got stung multiple times...all at once...after I skimmed them out. Little !#@$%)s!

The ant bugs are some kind of flying ant looking things. Not sure what they are. So, I headed home to quit procrastinating and get the Hayward Skimmer installed. Holy cow that thing really sucks hard! Why didn't anyone tell me to get off my butt and get it installed??? I stood outside the pool beside the skimmer for almost an hour with a cold beer watching bugs get drawn into the skimmer and couldn't help but chant "die little ******** die!"

Looks relaxing! I can't wait for a deck.

Since it sounds like Casey is convincing you to build hers in PA, maybe you can swing by and finish ours for us as well! ;-)

Pick a few members up along the way and well go on a deck building extravaganza and pool hopping... with a lot of beer drinking this summer! Gosh... it's a shame I have to work! This could be so much fun!!! :mrgreen:

Looks relaxing! I can't wait for a deck.

Since it sounds like Casey is convincing you to build hers in PA, maybe you can swing by and finish ours for us as well! ;-)

Pick a few members up along the way and well go on a deck building extravaganza and pool hopping... with a lot of beer drinking this summer! Gosh... it's a shame I have to work! This could be so much fun!!! :mrgreen:

I'd be game, if it weren't for that work thing! That beer drinking part appeals to me greatly. I started making babies before I could legally buy beer so now that they are virtually grown up, I am trying to make up for lost time before I hit my mid-life crisis (or maybe this is my mid-life crisis!) Either way, I am enjoying life more now than I ever have.

Mac, I am 36 and I have a very soon to be 19 year old son, and a 17 year old daughter and a 1 year old granddaughter and I also have a 25 year old step son. I am enjoying the second part of my life! I was just telling my future DIL who is 25 that although I had my kids early, the perks of being in my mid 30's and having raised them is so nice because I am still young and enjoying life... She wants to wait til she is 30 to have babies and there is nothing wrong with that! She and my step son are enjoying their young selves without the responsibility of children! It works both ways. I will be very excited when I get to have another grandchild. My granddaughter has me over the moon with love! :mrgreen:

Mac, I am 36 and I have a very soon to be 19 year old son, and a 17 year old daughter and a 1 year old granddaughter and I also have a 25 year old step son. I am enjoying the second part of my life! I was just telling my future DIL who is 25 that although I had my kids early, the perks of being in my mid 30's and having raised them is so nice because I am still young and enjoying life... She wants to wait til she is 30 to have babies and there is nothing wrong with that! She and my step son are enjoying their young selves without the responsibility of children! It works both ways. I will be very excited when I get to have another grandchild. My granddaughter has me over the moon with love! :mrgreen:

You got started even earlier than I did! I'm 40 with a 20 year old daughter from a previous marriage. Most people who don't know that fact (and some who know it but just forget) think Daisy is her mom. Daisy and I have an almost 16 year old son who is very self sufficient. So, yeah, we are living life to the fullest. The crazy part? And this is probably true for you too... we have friends still having babies!!!

Yes! I have a 41 year old friend who has a high school graduate and a 1 year old! I just want the grandbabies so I can send them home when I'm done spoiling them! :mrgreen:

Hey Mac I am up in Hot Springs wanna come level my ground for me lol you did a great job!

Man, I would in a heart beat, BUT you'll have to talk me out of the cool, healing waters of my pool first! What kind of pool are you setting up? Start you a thread and post up some pictures. The folks on TFP will give you great advice and pats on the back when the going gets tough. Plus, it makes it easier to find your pictures to show off your hard work to your friends and family.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The flying ants seems to be a nationwide deal this year. Several posts in the last few days ranging from CA - TX - FL
My skimmer sucks up hundreds of em every day.

On a brighter note... I got the following text from Professordaisy yesterday afternoon. "We are going to have to figure out how to get rid of those ant bugs! I've been run out of my floating! They all ganged up on me and attacked at once." Then a few minutes later. "Skimmer help? Maybe? I got stung multiple times...all at once...after I skimmed them out. Little !#@$%)s!

The ant bugs are some kind of flying ant looking things. Not sure what they are. So, I headed home to quit procrastinating and get the Hayward Skimmer installed. Holy cow that thing really sucks hard! Why didn't anyone tell me to get off my butt and get it installed??? I stood outside the pool beside the skimmer for almost an hour with a cold beer watching bugs get drawn into the skimmer and couldn't help but chant "die little ******** die!"

Yes! I have a 41 year old friend who has a high school graduate and a 1 year old! I just want the grandbabies so I can send them home when I'm done spoiling them! :mrgreen:

I work with some young teachers. We've had several babies the past couple of years in our building. I also have some former students that have become good friends. Of that crew, many are getting married and having babies! (Makes me feel so old but also very proud.) I grab those sweet babies from mommies and daddies every chance I get. When people ask if we are ready for another one, my response is "Nope. I'm in grandma mode!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beautiful job on the ground work, pool and deck. One pic from the side of your deck, showing the bracing underneath, looks like a scissor jack. My first thought was "what a ride!":D

I envy you being able to step out your door and right into the pool. I have to go thru a back door, across the back porch, thru a screen door, then about 8 feet of yard, unlock the gate and up the steps to get to mine. I'm tired by the time I get there!:roll:

We get a lot of those ants also. Usually after a good rain or wind. They come out of a tree in a neighbors yard. It's really tall, covered in kudzu and hangs over the fence way up where I can't get to it to cut down. The kudzu also drops these huge hard shell pea pod looking things all over that corner of my yard and of course, into the pool.

again, great job!

Beautiful job on the ground work, pool and deck. One pic from the side of your deck, showing the bracing underneath, looks like a scissor jack. My first thought was "what a ride!":D

I envy you being able to step out your door and right into the pool. I have to go thru a back door, across the back porch, thru a screen door, then about 8 feet of yard, unlock the gate and up the steps to get to mine. I'm tired by the time I get there!:roll:

We get a lot of those ants also. Usually after a good rain or wind. They come out of a tree in a neighbors yard. It's really tall, covered in kudzu and hangs over the fence way up where I can't get to it to cut down. The kudzu also drops these huge hard shell pea pod looking things all over that corner of my yard and of course, into the pool.

again, great job!

Thanks Taterfink, It is nice only having to go a few feet to climb in. Saves a lot of dirt from coming into the pool... as long as we keep the deck swept off.

I'll be enjoying it even more after my second father's day present comes in. K-2006 test kit! How do you like your borated water, Casey? I'm seriously considering it after I get changed over to the TFPC Method!

I like them as I have noticed the FC is more stable n if I forget to dose, I don't get the yellow poof on the floor as much when I brush. Its a good algaestat.

Just a yellow poof when I'd brush the pool floor, dust, maybe a start of something I was always on top of. I don't have it this year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.