Our L.A. (Lower Arkansas) pool install.

You should brush your pool and walls at least 2x a week. I try too but right now, my shoulder literally feels broken from this angry tendon!

I have always owned the cleanest, clearest pool in the neighborhood. :mrgreen:

K-2006 test kit came yesterday. I dipped one of the old Aquachem strips to get a better idea of where we are CYA wise. I never paid attention to the values before just the letters to input into Aquachem's testing website. Lucky us! NOT! The strip showed CYA between 50 and 100. So I figured before wasting time doing a complete test I should just use the K-2006 to test CYA and low and behold.... 100ppm. Great... guess I'm going to have to spend another $50 on water and lose whatever gain we have made temp wise. The only upside to that is we will be heading to the lake for a 2 week camping trip next Sunday afternoon, so we can draw it down and refill before we leave and let it warm back up while we are gone. And then start applying TFPC method in July!

Since I haven't converted it to TFPC yet, I will probably just shock it when we leave. And I'm sure we will be back and forth from camp a few times during those two weeks and can check on it then.

Casey, I added stabilizer per Aquachem readings so it was probably around 50 ppm from that and I know the floating duck contributed greatly in raising it farther. We have a crystal clear pool with aquachem so it didn't really bother me as long as it was balanced according to them. But I am the kind that likes a challenge so the TFPC method is right up my alley.:cool: And I didn't want to get to the point later in summer where I was steadily fighting it to keep algae out. Soooo... 60-70% of the water must go before camp.... and the fun begins when we get home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks good! I cannot wait to get rid of the outside ladder on ours! I get so nervous watching people go in and out of the pool! Hubby and my friend almost fell off of it last year!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.