Our L.A. (Lower Arkansas) pool install.

Thanks folks. We have a few wrinkles. Mostly from where the liner was folded. We really needed a nice sunny day yesterday to soften the liner before filling but it didn't happen. Mother in law says some of them will work themselves out with use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

They will not work out with use but how thoughtful of her to ease your mind.

Imagine pulling a blanket out from under an elephant's foot. It ain't gonna happen.

Phase 2 is about to begin. IF this stinking rain will ever leave. We are building a 12 X 12 deck to connect the back door to the pool.

The good thing about having an extra 2" of water in your pool from a rainy week... it gives you a good reason to backwash thoroughly. I must have ran close to 400 gallons through the sand filter backwashing the pump while dropping the water level this morning. The bad part about the weather system sitting and spinning over L.A. ... Our water temp has fallen back to 74. Once again it's too chilly to enjoy.

We went and bought a little lumber today...

And a few deck pier blocks.

Hopefully the weather will be nice in the morning to get started putting this puzzle together. My best helper, ProfessorDaisy, sprained her right rotator cuff last weekend, so I won't have as much help as I am used to.

Thanks Lacey. Been watching for updates on yours as well.

We have low pressure system that has been sitting just south of us for the past 5 days. It's drawing moisture out of the Gulf of Mexico and dumping it all across Arkansas and the darn thing just will not move on! It's so bad one of our local meteorologists has named the low pressure system Fred. I am going to see how much I can get done before the rain hits in the morning. I really hate having to take the laser down and put it back up over and over. Not to mention all the other power tools I will have strewn about.

I feel for Ms. Daisy! I have been dealing with a very painful shoulder since mid April and I still can lift a gallon of milk or dump bleach in my pool without severe pain.

Hubby bought wood for ours too and I just can't help him. It's driving me insane!!! Good luck and keep us posted with pics! Ms. Daisy and I will be lounging in the pools with our sore rotator cuffs!

Oh, you can rest assured I can find ways for her to help me. There are things she can do that help more than you can ever imagine. It's the little things like handing tools or running back inside for some small item that really speed up a job. She has told me over and over during this install that she didn't feel like she was much help. I continually tell her the little things make more of a difference than she realizes.

Over in East Texas, we are getting the same rain. No telling how much water I have pumped outta my pool in the last week! Im tired of it... and it has royally screwed up my new hydroseeded grass in my backyard too! Grrrr !

Thanks Lacey. Been watching for updates on yours as well.

We have low pressure system that has been sitting just south of us for the past 5 days. It's drawing moisture out of the Gulf of Mexico and dumping it all across Arkansas and the darn thing just will not move on! It's so bad one of our local meteorologists has named the low pressure system Fred. I am going to see how much I can get done before the rain hits in the morning. I really hate having to take the laser down and put it back up over and over. Not to mention all the other power tools I will have strewn about.

- - - Updated - - -

That's some good lookin' lumber right there!

Phase 2 is about to begin. IF this stinking rain will ever leave. We are building a 12 X 12 deck to connect the back door to the pool.

The good thing about having an extra 2" of water in your pool from a rainy week... it gives you a good reason to backwash thoroughly. I must have ran close to 400 gallons through the sand filter backwashing the pump while dropping the water level this morning. The bad part about the weather system sitting and spinning over L.A. ... Our water temp has fallen back to 74. Once again it's too chilly to enjoy.

We went and bought a little lumber today...

And a few deck pier blocks.

Hopefully the weather will be nice in the morning to get started putting this puzzle together. My best helper, ProfessorDaisy, sprained her right rotator cuff last weekend, so I won't have as much help as I am used to.

Isn't this the second round on your grass????? That sucks. I'm so ready for summer. I'm a southern boy thru and thru. The heat and humidity is just part of it so you won't hear me griping about it.

As for the lumber... I bought it locally from a family owned hardware store. Saved $20 when compared to a big corporate box store and didn't have to drive 45 minutes one way to get it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm doing the little jobs too but I always did those and some big jobs. :mrgreen: My shoulder has not healed one bit so I'll be off to the ortho next week.

We aren't sure how she hurt hers. We spent last weekend camping with her family on the Buffalo River. We had a nice hour long float from one end of the camp ground to the other. Our nephew and son were always waiting in her dad's truck when we got out of the water to drive us back to camp. We think she may have done it trying to get in the back of the truck for the ride back to camp.

I did mine with a screw driver and skimmer box. :eye:

Wow you must really be a John Deere fan, even your box blade is green. It really is amazing how handy small utility tractors can be, what model is yours, I could not tell from the photo? We have a few green ones on the family farm here, I used one (a John Deere 990 with front end loader) a few months ago to move my new to me hot tub into place, put a cargo net sling under it and just pick it up and carry it close to where it needed to go. Just the right size for such small jobs, in contrast I used another one of the tractors a few weeks ago to unload a 250 pound diesel powered heater out of the back of my F250, a John Deere 7200 it was the only one set up with a front end loader at the time, which reminded me of that Chinese proverb, don't use cannon to kill mosquito.

Ike

I hate this getting old stuff. It seems it is the little things that lead to our demise.

Hubby is amazed I did it here n not at the gym. Well, I am too. You either get old n deal or die tryin.

Yeah, that is part of the fun, I just ran into a guy in a store yesterday that I had not seen in about a decade, he made a comment that I was going a bit more gray, and my reply was so was he. I guess going gray is better than the alternatives. A few years ago when my brother in law started going gray at the age of about 44 his solution was to shave his head, personally I think that is a bit counter productive...

Ike

Actually, this is the 3rd, 4th and 5th and 6th round on the new grass!
May 5 was hydroseed day. Rained about 8 inches from that night and the next day. Lots of it washed into ridges.
Exactly a week later, another 5 in less than 2 hours. Didnt do as much as washout as day 1. it surprised me,
Now more than a foot the last week. I suspect a lot of the baby ones that have been sprouting are now drownded. A lot of the baby grass has turned purple.
All the hydro on the ridges and most on flat parts grew. It has grown about 3 inches since Day 1. I mowed it a few day ago in between. downpours. I would guess about 60 or 70 percent of the yard has grass on it. A lot of it is real sparce though. I chose to do hydroseed over hand seed so it wouldnt be sparse and take a long time to fill in.

The hydro guy came and had a look last week. As soon as we get a least a week forecast with sunshine and no rain, he is gonna redo a lot of it... for free. I offer to pay him, but he wont accept any money for the redo. That.shocked.me. :shock:

Isn't this the second round on your grass????? That sucks. I'm so ready for summer. I'm a southern boy thru and thru. The heat and humidity is just part of it so you won't hear me griping about it.

As for the lumber... I bought it locally from a family owned hardware store. Saved $20 when compared to a big corporate box store and didn't have to drive 45 minutes one way to get it!

Wow you must really be a John Deere fan, even your box blade is green. It really is amazing how handy small utility tractors can be, what model is yours, I could not tell from the photo? We have a few green ones on the family farm here, I used one (a John Deere 990 with front end loader) a few months ago to move my new to me hot tub into place, put a cargo net sling under it and just pick it up and carry it close to where it needed to go. Just the right size for such small jobs, in contrast I used another one of the tractors a few weeks ago to unload a 250 pound diesel powered heater out of the back of my F250, a John Deere 7200 it was the only one set up with a front end loader at the time, which reminded me of that Chinese proverb, don't use cannon to kill mosquito.

Ike

LOL! For farm equipment, yes, I guess we are Deere fans. I work for a forestry dealership and Deere is one of our biggest competitors. So as far as their skidders, feller bunchers, and knuckle boom log loaders, I would just as soon they went bankrupt.

That's my dad's tractor in the pictures. Not sure what the model is. We use it to take care of the 60 acres we graze cows and horses here. I grew up on a large farm for this area. We farmed around 550 acres of soybeans annually. My wife grew up on a much larger rice farm about 2 1/2 hours from here. It was around 2,500 acres when we met and I think they have about doubled the acreage since two of her cousins have joined the business. They run Deere equipment exclusively.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, this is the 3rd, 4th and 5th and 6th round on the new grass!
May 5 was hydroseed day. Rained about 8 inches from that night and the next day. Lots of it washed into ridges.
Exactly a week later, another 5 in less than 2 hours. Didnt do as much as washout as day 1. it surprised me,
Now more than a foot the last week. I suspect a lot of the baby ones that have been sprouting are now drownded. A lot of the baby grass has turned purple.
All the hydro on the ridges and most on flat parts grew. It has grown about 3 inches since Day 1. I mowed it a few day ago in between. downpours. I would guess about 60 or 70 percent of the yard has grass on it. A lot of it is real sparce though. I chose to do hydroseed over hand seed so it wouldnt be sparse and take a long time to fill in.

The hydro guy came and had a look last week. As soon as we get a least a week forecast with sunshine and no rain, he is gonna redo a lot of it... for free. I offer to pay him, but he wont accept any money for the redo. That.shocked.me. :shock:

Looks like low pressure system Fred is moving on. Hopefully, you can get the rest of your grass to come up!

I'm trying to get caught up. I've been outside all day, but I have the first stage of our deck built. I have a couple more things to do to get it finished up, but I'd say it is 75% complete. Still have to put rails up, stairs, and a riser to get closer to the lip of the pool.

I used the same system Duckcmmndr used on his deck. Pier blocks, 2X8 beams, 2X6 joists and 5/4 X 6 decking.

I cross braced the fool out of this deck. It doesn't even think about wiggling.

DANG IT! Just noticed my finger was covering part of the lens(TWICE!!!). Shoot!

The mock up I did on graph paper had the pool in the wrong spot, so I had to improvise a bit to get the whole deck built today. The area here that the decking doesn't cover will be under the riser going up to the pool ladder so I'm not worried about filling it in the rest of the way.

View from the zero gravity chair on the deck...

Well deserved Shiner Ruby Redbird...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.