Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect! I got to get posting again. Haven’t been cooking much. Too busy with work. Lol. Bad Jimi. Bad Jimi.
Same here we have had a lot of things happening, just trying to get back into a normal pace. Ha there's a good word for you "normal" :cheers:

Merry Christmas all my cooking friends! Lol

hope you all eat well over the next week! Let’s see some good pics too! Lol

I’m busy taking water out of my pool cause of our 12 inches of melt and now 3 inches of rain followed by teens all weekend. Cant the weather every cooperate?! I mean 55 today and then 5 tomorrow with rain!? Just what I want to do today when there are pepper cookies that need to be eaten! Lol

On my small wish list was a "Meater and SnS Slow and Sear" well I got the Meater. You guys are right it worked great the dual temp feature is the bomb. And I found out why we burned a few things this season, Our over temp was off 25*. We had a standing rib-roast for dinner yesterday. I also used a wired thermometer that I have had and they both read the about same. Start with a butter paste with rosemary, time, salt, pepper and garlic. Set the roast on a bed of carrots, onions, celery rosemary, add a can of beef consume, can of water and half can of red wine. Then sear at 500* for 20 minutes lower temp to 300* and wait. I use the remaining butter to put on the roast while it rests.

yBPWGq++QUm7emO8bjnUAg.jpg

End cut.......🍷

NLFnzbg+QL+UofdZPXMShw.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have to do a reverse sear bone in rib roast next few weekends. I didn’t want to chance it tonight. No idea how long it would have taken. I still think after this summer the reverse sear is a bullet proof method. Like you Sous vide guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.