Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Tonight’s meal is brought to you by the letter ‘M’ .... for MEATLOAF!!

I mixed up some fresh ground chuck with a few other ingredients and then put the meatloaf on the smoker with some hickory -

DEB972D6-3313-4FBE-85BC-AF51D39BB340.jpg

About half-way through -

7156C093-F602-4EF3-81A8-9F645C34B8A0.jpg

And done (serviced with some warmed sweet bacon slaw) -

B8808F1D-A850-4799-8880-728EDFD877DC.jpg

I’m looking forward to some yummy meatloaf sammiches ....

Bought a blue rhino razor griddle today. First Cook was hamburgers - shrimp - stirfry veggies. Everything turned out great. So far I’m very happy. Before and after seasoning. And the food....
b7d95ecbb36665c66b98effbe8adb121.png

d821a265cf453c1d7c6e116f73c4d14b.png
88a8e098b96ede2c896f8739be3c3838.png

NICE!!!

I totally want one and I’m already coming up with plans to run it off a spare NG connector I have outside the house. Just need to figure out what kind of gas valves they’re using ...

NICE!!!

I totally want one and I’m already coming up with plans to run it off a spare NG connector I have outside the house. Just need to figure out what kind of gas valves they’re using ...

I have the same idea, I want to tie into my natural gas line but there was not a natural gas option on this unit. I’m sure a guy can just change out the orifice. I’m going to do some research if I find something out I will let you know. Blackstone is by far the biggest seller of gas griddles, but after doing some research, blue rhino had some advantages I liked. One was that it’s a bit higher so you don’t have to bend over as much, the second one was Blackstone had an issue with the grease leaching down one of its legs and getting on the ground....the new models put the drain on the griddle to the rear which I do not like... the idea of reaching over that hot griddle. Anyway my first experience on this was great. Also on this unit the shelves fold up and cover the grill which really makes it nice for storing. I bought a cover that fits it perfect made by blue rhino so I am a happy camper.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And you should have said.....
”Well, who does the grilling? That would be like me telling you no (insert here what ever she would need to do something)”.
And it would have been all yours Cliffy!! ;)

Or Cliff would be knocking on your door asking to sleep on your couch...just until he can get back on his feet....few days, max!

full

Family tricked me into eating ice cream for supper and I wasn’t in the mood to do much cooking, so I fired up the sandwich maker. :)

Last edited:
Rob, Rob, Rob...there is more than one way to win the war! Dirty little battles are only half the story...

Matt no need to leave the house as my begging...I mean...negotiating skills are off the chart!!

:) :) :)

Or Cliff would be knocking on your door asking to sleep on your couch...just until he can get back on his feet....few days, max!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.