Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Wait, you don’t cook up the entire package of bacon all at once and eat it :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: ???

Right! This is how we do it

dbtgallery.php

Wait, you don’t cook up the entire package of bacon all at once and eat it :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: ???

No, I like my arteries as clog free as possible. ;)

I know the whole country has gone bacon bananas, but not us. As much as we like it, the salt content in it makes us thirsty the next day.
Over the years, we’ve eaten very little processed foods, and because of that, our tolerance to salt is low.

No, I like my arteries as clog free as possible. ;)

I know the whole country has gone bacon bananas, but not us. As much as we like it, the salt content in it makes us thirsty the next day.
Over the years, we’ve eaten very little processed foods, and because of that, our tolerance to salt is low.

Sounds like an excuse to drink more beer if you are thirsty [emoji50]

As long as it isn’t the “pre-cooked microwaveable” bacon I’m all good with any method....but if you try to seeve that floppy, pasty-textured turkey “bacon” you’re looking for a fight :hammer:

Put up your dukes Matt...turkey bacon is so yummy! Much easier to cook, a lot less splatter so clean up is a breeze. Cooked turkey bacon has better uniformity so it looks better on a sandwich. The health benefits alone are as clear as TFP water!

Just kidding...real bacon rules!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Milder temps here in my neck of the woods so it was a swim and grill time!

E5F6CB4A-36B0-4DFC-9599-F3E63B27E785.jpg
Grilled chop, fried kale and taters followed up with a Hoppy Wheat Ale curtsey of Sam Adams!

Milder temps here in my neck of the woods so it was a swim and grill time!

Grilled chop, fried kale and taters followed up with a Hoppy Wheat Ale curtsey of Sam Adams!

Love the kale! How do you fry it?

I smoked (walnut wood chips) some tilapia with an crushed almond & cocoa butter topping -

BE4D4866-85DE-4E72-A2DC-4A5D51E1FBDF.jpg

I get the bag that is already chopped. Olive oil in hot pan, dump in the greens and cook for a minute then stir add salt, pepper, onions and jalapeños. Add a couple of splashes of white wine vinegar and keep stirring. Turn heat to low cover and simmer for 15-20 min. Don’t let them get to dry by adding chicken broth if needed...yummy!

i cook my collards the same way...

Got some fresh Sockeye Salmon at Costco and it’s preped for smoking with some hickory -

A3DA0C90-FC21-4BB4-886C-ECC187797B63.jpg

CAB274E4-BCC2-4BED-9870-A38907FBC1FB.jpg

B20B28F8-41A1-4163-B538-08D0190534E5.jpg

Yeah, that’s a mimosa in the picture...what, you want to make something of it :grrrr:

(The wife had a “Muffins, Meat & Mimosa” Jewelry party for a friend that sells Swarovski...I was just drinking the leftovers...)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.