New pool in Jersey...they're here!

You can use the liquid gold aka cya but the powder can go in fast if you do it like I do............I put it in a thick sock tied off. I then walk all around my pool squeezing the sock. It goes pretty fast like this.

As for the reading on the equipment I am not sure sorry :( I hope someone else will step in that does know.

So the ic40 appears fine. It is set to make chlorine 80% of the time. Although the dispay is not working on the pump, the flow is fine due to the IC40 working. Try hitting menu and see if anything comes up. If not turn off the breaker and see if a reboot fixes the dispay. I have the same keypad as you and have not ever seen that message.

“Display not active” on the pump display means the ET is controlling the pump. Make any changes to the pump through the ET controls. Nothing is wrong and no reason to reset any breakers.

Just a little update. Plumber came today to hook up gas line for heater. Electrician came to ground pool and put pool lights in. Only one light is on property so no lights today. Called pb to ask about lights (again) and he said they should've been here and he'll check the invoice. Of course, no call back. Electrician said he told pb 4 weeks ago when they first came that I was missing lights. Called to ask the main to resend the contract ( again) do that we can get on the schedule. Decided to go with regular concrete to save a little money. Plus I don't want to put in extra money when I'm not certain of the outcome. Been disappointed too many times already to risk it. Sprinklers were supposed to get started tomorrow and we were supposed to get an inspection but its going to rain All day so...That is it.

I’m sure you are just ready to be done, But you are still moving forward and the list is getting shorter. Plus you can go for a dip to cool off if you get upset. Or swim around sticking your tongue out at the PB when he isn’t looking. Thanks for the update.

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats
I’m sure you are just ready to be done, But you are still moving forward and the list is getting shorter. Plus you can go for a dip to cool off if you get upset. Or swim around sticking your tongue out at the PB when he isn’t looking. Thanks for the update.
If only he were ever here.. ??

Reactions: Newdude
Passed the grid inspection yesterday. Still waiting on gas line inspection. About to call to make sure it was called for. Been two days since he was here.
Please help me with my test results. My fc keeps rising! It's at 18 today!!!! How do I lower the output on the ic40? And what should I lower it to?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And how do I check my rpms now that my pump is hooked up to the et? I dont see running speed anywhere.

Attachments

• 20190814_123904.jpg
    20190814_123904.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190814_123916.jpg
    20190814_123916.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190814_123927.jpg
    20190814_123927.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 20
So I figured out that the pb had me at 2650 rpms and my ic40 at 80% output since Friday. Kind of annoyed about that. Because they still have not said anything to me about my equipment or what they've done. So if I would've been clueless and not had TFP my pool would be in really bad shape right now. Thank you for your help thus far. I have since turned my pump down to 1550 rpms (because at 1500 my red flow light came on the ic40) and set it for 24 hours. Its going to be cloudy and not very hot for the next few days so I will continue monitoring everything.

Reactions: Newdude
Set your pump at 1600-1700 rpm. As your filter gets dirty you will get less flow at the same rpm. You don't want the SWG to shut off.

Your signature does not say what filter you have.

pump down to 1550 rpms (because at 1500 my red flow light came on the ic40) and set it for 24 hours.

This will be key when the FC comes down and you want the SWG on again. As long as the SWG is off, for now you only need the pump for the filter and skimmers to do their thing. You can probably go to 6 hours @ 1550 or 2 hours @ 2650.

I got a little happy with the squeezing of the socks, so my cya is at 80. (78 according to pool math with the 14 lbs I added to my new fill). I should still be fine right? Just keep a slightly higher, although not 17, fc? Other than that I think my numbers are looking good! I brushed pool today and pushed all dirt to deep end, gonna vacuum it up later. Calling pb about lights in a bit.

And another question...I dont want my water to be so salty. I'm guessing the best way to reduce this is to just not add salt when I open next year? Im obviously not going to drain any now because my season is almost over. I am aiming to have it as low as possible for the swg to still register. Will that cause any problems?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.