New pool going in this month!

What do I gain in having it run less? Less salt to buy, longer life of cell, power use?

Fish,

You are right at the tipping point for SWCG size... We recommend at least 2 x your pool volume and you are pretty close to that...

Think of a salt cell as the gas tank in your car.. Each cell can only produce a 'tank full' of chlorine.. the more gas you have, the further you can drive. But unlike your car's gas tank, you can't fill a cell back up once it is empty. The smaller the cell the faster the gas is used up...

The larger the cell the less you have to run your pump, but.... with the IntelliFlo, the cost to run the pump, at a low rpm, is so cheap it does not really matter much.

I see a larger cell as a nice to have feature, but not for what I suspect your pool builder will want to charge you to upgrade.

I am a big fan of ScreenLogic2 because it allows you to control things from inside the house instead of going out to your equipment pad, but it is certainly not needed... Kind of like your car key FOB.. you can use the key to unlock your car doors or a button.. both open the door just fine, but the button is easier and more fun. :p

Good job on upgrading your filter,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
b9ed37a952a6c9beb97f96da3dcca6a7.jpg

f7a05006fa6d8380a0d7ff4b5ddc502f.jpg

eb251b0ce2778fe03aa9ceacfd04b684.jpg

7f8f9beb5c88e534e4decb9a58e334f3.jpg

8d73d8dab5f8f241f397a0464ba9da17.jpg

02ad2c318821fae092f78efa53f15d5d.jpg

8fb8d912288485519a6b32ed65b9188f.jpg

All thats left is pool school and deck texture/sealant!!!

Finally have everything set up. Installed steps, sod, awnings etc.

Concrete deck looks “better” and we love the texture and paint. It’s not perfect for sure. Already have 2 cracks even after texture and paint.

Only other issue is that we had a wrong issue and it fried the panel. They replaced the panel and transformer but the transformer buzzes when the light are on. It’s annoying because it’s on the bedroom wall and is louder inside than outside. The first one didn’t do that and the PB says “all transformers buzz.” So fat my response of “but the last one didn’t nearly as bad” have been waved aside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.