New pool build in LV

If you are installing an Intelliflo, do you really need the Flo Meter?
Yes, if he wants to see flow through difficult branches of his plumbing. Such as the SWG bypass loop or heater bypass.

It really doesn't need to be that complicated. Just keep the pump below 100 GPM (RPM limiting) and you are guaranteed that the flow rate in ANY piece of equipment will at no more than that. Skip the flow meters. Skip the SWG bypass.

Plumbing starts next week :)
I read a few threads on 1 vs 2 skimmers and I think I will go with 2 we only have 450 sq. ft. of surface but I don't really see a downside to having 2. Based on the dimension of the pentair skimmer 506361 it should also fit on a 12" wet deck.

Based on the super helpful discussions here I put the following pipe diameter into my pluming chart. Should the pipes going through the heater, solar and salt all be 3"?
The plumber wanted to use a 2" pipe for the 6' sheer but I asked him to use 3".

1677088831061.jpeg

Why is the acid pump in the SWG bypass loop?

What acid pump are you using?

How will you prevent the acid pump from operating when in SPA mode?

If you can, label the equipment and model numbers on your plumbing chart. It helps understand exactly what you are dealing with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone here have waterway spa jets? I am trying to decide between the poly storm and power storm but there is hardly any information out there about them. The only thing I could find was that poly storm jets require 10GPM.

I have the standard Waterway gunite jet tees with a 3/8" orifice.

For the Intelliflo Pump Head curve, 3/8" or 7/16" will give the strongest jets for 8 jets. 7/16" or 1/2" for 6 jets.

You can find some info here:

The table in the Hydraulics 101 table is based off of the Waterway specs:
Spa_Jet_Design.png

Attachments

• 1677279807107.png
    1677279807107.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Plumbing has started :)

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 10.07.13 PM.png

Now I am trying to decide on which coping to use. We will use porcelain decking and I am also leaning towards using porcelain coping which then would be the same as the decking tiles since the corresponding coping is only offered with a bullnose. My only concern is that the porcelain tiles are only 3/4" (2CM) thick. I assume there is no way to make them look thicker?

I'm late to this thread.

I just scanned through the entire thread and did not see this brought up.

Regarding the IntellipH, has anyone made you aware of the power connector failures, and the way to mitigate this?

Here is my thread about my fix, there is a link in there to a post in another thread discussing the different ways to correct this before it becomes an issue.

Also of mention is the heater bypass for the MasterTemp, which is supposed to be able to allow an Intellivalve actuator to be connected to the heater control board, is currently not functioning correctly. It will rotate to allow full flow through the heater, when the heater is called for, but it will never drop out of the 'cooldown' mode/period and return the valve to it's home position. Pentair is supposedly working on this and word has it that it will require a firmware update to the board, which may require replacing the board. Might be worth a call to Pentair to inquire about this. You can connect the heater bypass valve to the Intellicenter board and control it that way though. That is what I have done.

--Jeff

@mknauss looking at the Stenner tank now thanks for that hint.

So I am a bit confused about the bypass loop with the pentair heater. My heater did not come with a intellivalve or any valve for that mater. So I will go buy those now and then figure out how to control it.

Regarding the heater bypass loop/ valve I am a bit concerned about controlling it manually through the IntelliCenter I may forget to open it when I turn on the heater.
You don't control it manually from the Intellicenter. You assign it to the internal heater circuit so anytime there is a call for heat, it will activate the valve. No having to remember to actuate it manually at that point.

As Allen said, you have to purchase the actuator and valve separately.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.