Thisisthelife

Dec 8, 2021
Bradenton, FL
Does anyone see any issues with this plumbing? I was hoping it wouldn't stick out past the shed but I didn't factor in that the heat pump needed to be spaced away from my wall and my shed!

Hopefully they will tell me what all of these switches too so I can make labels!

Attachments

• 20220310_135021.jpg
    20220310_135021.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 42
You must be in Florida with that small filter. It is way undersized but what Florida builders seem to do.

That waste valve above the pump. Where is that going to lead to? I would use a more secure brass valve, not a diverter. That diverter will leak eventually and much harder to get a positive seal then a screw type valve.

Those “switches” are diverter valves.

Yes, every pipe and valve should be labeled. It is builder malpractice to not properly label the equipment pad.

E,

I don't see any major issues with the way your pad is plumbed.

It looks like it is not done yet, as it "appears" that there is an open pipe between the two valves on the left that are stacked on top of one another.

As far as spacing of the equipment, that is something that should have been discussed with the pool builder before the any of the equipment pad plumbing was installed. Too late now.

Show us some more pics from different angles and we can give you a heads-up on what the valves do.

Tell us more about your pool. How many skimmers do you have? Does your pool have a vacuum port in the side wall of the pool? Do you have some kind of water feature?

Will your pool be inside a screen room?

Thanks,

Jim R.

E,

I don't see any major issues with the way your pad is plumbed.

It looks like it is not done yet, as it "appears" that there is an open pipe between the two valves on the left that are stacked on top of one another.

As far as spacing of the equipment, that is something that should have been discussed with the pool builder before the any of the equipment pad plumbing was installed. Too late now.

Show us some more pics from different angles and we can give you a heads-up on what the valves do.

Tell us more about your pool. How many skimmers do you have? Does your pool have a vacuum port in the side wall of the pool? Do you have some kind of water feature?

Will your pool be inside a screen room?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim! Thanks for the help! Here is some more pics! Pool will have 1 skimmer. It is a 25x27 with an 8x6 tanning ledge. 353 surface area feet. 4 return inlets. 140,000 btu electric heater and ozone system. Ozone system is on backorder with hayword still. 3 deck jets! The random bent pipe sticking up is my old water line that just hasn't been cut yet. Yes it will be in a screened lanai in FL. I believe there is a vacuum port but don't know how or where it gets connected!

Was also told I might want to add an actuator to my "overflow" pipe so it can be opened and closed via the app on my phone? That wasn't part of the contract but something the plumber suggested!

Attachments

• 20220317_122916.jpg
    20220317_122916.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220317_122913.jpg
    20220317_122913.jpg
    808.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220317_122900.jpg
    20220317_122900.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220317_122753.jpg
    20220317_122753.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220312_114941.jpg
    20220312_114941.jpg
    700.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220312-222344_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220312-222344_Photos.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 9
For the longevity of your heat pump and the safety of your wallet, DO NOT use that tab feeder. When the pump is off, even with a check valve (I don't see one in your system) the corrosive "soup" that will be in the feeder, with the pump off, will eventually flow backward into the heat pump and destroy it . It will destroy the check valve first, if there is one, even the ones that Rainbow (now owned by Pentair) used to supply as "chemical resistant." It would be best if you could get your builder to remove it.

The issue became very apparent when Max-E-Therm heaters first came out, about 25 years ago, with their plumbing so low to the ground. I've lost track of how many of those that I had to replace due to "tab-feeder" damage. So much so that I won't install a heater if the customer won't remove the feeder. Your heat pump plumbing is also very low and would experience the same problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.