New build in NW Austin suburb.

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
Interesting. What’s the challenge with it? I have plenty of more bricks on the side of my house I can use. Or is it worth bringing up with the PM?

Jimmie48

Dec 13, 2019
Frisco, TX
if the steel is bent to where its still 3 inches or so above the ground you should be ok. I brought this up with my PM and he noted while they were shooting it how the guys feet were between the centers and it steel was up to their ankles or higher without supports under it in spots. You could prop up any spots that are close with a broken brick if you like or point them out before they shoot it, but as long as the steel is up 3-4in from the soil you should be ok as the shotcrete/gunite sets up fast enough that it doesnt weigh the steel down into the soil. This coming from a PB but it made sense to me as well.

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
Most of the plumbing done. They didn’t install my 2 bubblers in the ledge or my 2 deck jets. ? Inspection is tomorrow. Gunite early next week I hope.

Attachments

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
Well euphoria doesn’t last long. I measure the tanning ledge and it’s about 6 inches too short. What are my options here? Already let the pool builder know and gonna talk in the morning. Can they just shoot more gunite? Do they have to add more rebar? It’s gonna mess up the stairs too. Ugh.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I was going to comment on the edge detail and how nice it all looks then I saw your next post :( I am going to call in a couple of experts that can help with this question. @bdavis466 @jimmythegreek

Did you have in mind the loungers or such you wanted to put on the shelf? I am asking this as the PB might offer to take some money off to keep from having to do the fix and I want you to be ready for that if he says it.

It is also time for YOUR set of links!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
It was supposed to be 6ft long it’s 5 ft 6. I spoke with the lounger folks and they said I only need 64 “ so while cutting it close, it would work. I’m just going to leave as is.

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
Now they are moving fast! Coping should be done tomorrow and outdoor kitchen.

Attachments

Sparks22

Gold Supporter
Apr 17, 2020
Austin, Texas
Do you plan on sealing the coping (looks like a travertine coping)? We are debating between a travertine coping versus a leuder stone coping currently. I like the way your coping looks.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Looks VERY well done! They did a great job in the skimmer! That is a place you can tell if they care or not! They have pride in their work from the looks of it!

Kim:kim:

craigP

Silver Supporter
Jul 17, 2012
Round Rock, TX
Looking great so far - the tanning ledge/stair area looks really good! I'm in Round Rock and plan on building later this year - do you mind PM'ing me the PB you are using? Thanks!