New build in NW Austin suburb.

Sparks22

Gold Supporter
Apr 17, 2020
Austin, Texas
Well, the plumber showed up this afternoon to set the equipment. They were missing a few pieces but got it mostly done. The sad part, the pad isn’t wide enough to fit my heater on. It’s not even 30” wide. Figured most were 4 ft.
Something I hadn't thought about. What is the standard width of a equipment pad?

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
I need some help / advice. Am I being overly concerned about these cracks? The hole for sure I already brought up. They finished today and started filling the pool with water. I asked the sub while they were here and was told "it's normal". Water and cracks don't mix as far as I know.

Attachments

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Those don't look like cracks, they look like areas where the plaster sloughed from either being applied too thickly or because of that transition to the vertical surface. It should be easy enough for the crew to just mix up some plaster and fill in those areas. I don't see a leak occurring because of that.

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
They seem to think they can fix it with water in. Is that even possible? If its all over the pool except for one side, would they need to replaster the whole pool?

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
This is where you start documenting everything in WRITING. Did you write an email or text to him about your concerns? If not do so now and save it and any answer. EVERYTHING needs to be in writing for down the road if it comes to it.

You need to let him try. It might work. Document what they do. Aks lots of question. We are here for you so keep us updated about what he does and how it works. We will go from there.

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
Trouble in paradise. Still no electricity so no pump or chemicals have been put in the water. It’s been full since Saturday afternoon. How much trouble is this going to cause?

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
I can't help with your question, but your pool looks great! Nice choices on the finishings. I've been quietly watching your build, considering we're neighbors and I'm about 7 weeks behind you.

In terms of the water, I'd think you'll need to SLAM it once you have power. Do you have your TF-100 test kit yet?

Helpful hint: If you become a TFP Supporting Member, you can get a discount on the kit purchase :)

Reactions: Lineman7

DB-Cooper

Jun 18, 2019
Austin, TX
Trouble in paradise. Still no electricity so no pump or chemicals have been put in the water. It’s been full since Saturday afternoon. How much trouble is this going to cause?
When is it planned. I went two days without filter/chemicals, but I had my pump running. Like you, I didn’t have power but my PB has a guy run a 250ft power live over my backyard from the breaker and manually wired it before coming back a couple weeks later to properly install the sub-panel.

I’d feel uneasy, but it’s amazing how quick a pool can clean up with chems and filters. You’ll probably need to keep chlorine higher for a while to work it out. Worst case drain and fill which Id make your PB pay for. Filling my ~30k gallon pool cost me about $300 from CoA. Good luck.