New build in NW Austin suburb.

mbnc1

Apr 1, 2020
Advance, NC
Our pool finished filling on July 3rd, with the 4th being a holiday we didn’t have anyone out to turn anything on until late afternoon on Monday the 6th. Didn’t seem to cause us any trouble.

Dtkokay

Dec 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
Trouble in paradise. Still no electricity so no pump or chemicals have been put in the water. It’s been full since Saturday afternoon. How much trouble is this going to cause?
You could have been adding liquid chlorine as soon as the pool was filled, and it’s not too late to start doing that now. You can mix it around using a brush and/or a robot, if you have one. But I wouldn’t worry too much - worst case is you’ll have to do a SLAM.

DB-Cooper

Jun 18, 2019
Austin, TX
Run to the store and get some PLAIN bleach or Walmart for pool "shock" which is really just liquid chlorine.
Not sure what area of Austin you're in, but Home Depot has been pretty good for me in stocking both liquid chlorine and acid and the curb side works well. What part of town are you in, and do you have TF100? Depending on where, I might be able to help.

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
I’m in cedar park just on the edge in Travis county. Yes I have the tf100. They keep telling me they are gonna take care of it.

They at least got the trench dug and supposedly electrician is coming tomorrow. I went and spoke to the owners today and sent them a bunch of pictures. The excavators damaged my new gas line and the vent hood for my fireplace. 🤦‍♂️

They also dropped off my heat pump and it’s sitting on my side walk. I hope it’s still there in the morning!

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
Well I have electricity and a ton of acid in the pool. They haven’t come to look at the plaster yet, but the pm suggested if we needEd to redo it, to wait for the fall. Any thoughts? I would need a guarantee in writing they would do it, but maybe not being so hot outside might make it do better. Not sure.

Attachments

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
Well I have electricity and a ton of acid in the pool.
What do you mean by "a ton of acid in the pool"? Is your CYA level sky high, or your water is acidic (ie: the pH level is really low)?

*edit*: Oh, never mind ... you mean you placed a bunch of Cyanuric Acid into the pool to get the levels going.

Good luck with the plaster!

Last edited:

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
The PB PM dumped about 4 gallons of muriatic acid into the pool for "startup". He also put a container of Pool Stabilizer in, and filled the chlorinator in (SWG will be turned on after 30 days). The PH was around 5.9 yesterday but almost back up to 7 this morning. Brushing away!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
My guess is he wants you to have time to enjoy the pool as it is holding water so might as well get some use out of it. Then, if in the fall, the plaster is not like you think it should be everyone can decide what the best next move it.

Dtkokay

Dec 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
Still have a few things on the punch list, and still waiting on the decision for my plaster. Got to enjoy it for my daughters birthday at least! Also my hot tub was delivered this week.
Was the concrete pad designed with the hot tub in mind? Reason I ask is that a neighbor put a hot tub on his concrete patio next to his pool, and the weight of the filled spa cracked the concrete underneath. He had to have that area jack hammered out and redone with better support.

Reactions: Lineman7

Funkatation

Apr 22, 2020
Austin
I have some pictures before water came in. Also a few quarter size chunks of plaster in the pumps filter basket.

Attachments